TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I possibly give a suggestion?

Inside the admin control panel (not moderator, but the forum control panel) There is an option to dynamically make thumbnails, at this time it does not look like it is enabled. Could I suggest you turn it on, not only does it making for a cleaner look, it will possibly cut down on the bandwidth used.

Just a thought :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir :)

Instead of there being a full size image, vbulletin will make a thumbnail out of it. Then once clicked, will enlarge it.

See HERE for an example.

If you cannot find the setting in the control panel let me know and I will find it for you, although I know damn well you will find it!! :)

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
xtremeoff-road said:
Yes sir :)

Instead of there being a full size image, vbulletin will make a thumbnail out of it. Then once clicked, will enlarge it.

See HERE for an example.

If you cannot find the setting in the control panel let me know and I will find it for you, although I know damn well you will find it!! :)
Nice designed site.. that guy is pretty good.. he needs to hurry and get your flash stuff done.. what a lazy punk :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEHEHEHE ya I can hardly wait!!!

I see you viewed what I was talking about, do you agree that you should set it up that way? I guess it will also take the fact that people will have to use attachments versus embedding the images in the posts. Who knows, just thought I would bring it up ;)

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
xtremeoff-road said:
HEHEHEHE ya I can hardly wait!!!

I see you viewed what I was talking about, do you agree that you should set it up that way? I guess it will also take the fact that people will have to use attachments versus embedding the images in the posts. Who knows, just thought I would bring it up ;)
Cool thanks, the only thing im worried about is the system resources needed for the resizing. We are just being careful not to put too much stress on the server. But, since i havnt seen that many attachments I see now problem.

Thanks again Mike,
you keep on that designers butt to finish that flash stuff.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maverick said:
Cool thanks, the only thing im worried about is the system resources needed for the resizing. We are just being careful not to put too much stress on the server. But, since i havnt seen that many attachments I see now problem.

Thanks again Mike,
you keep on that designers butt to finish that flash stuff.
No problem I will!!!!

Ya I was a little concerned with resources as well...That is why I was thinking which is worse, the bandwidth to send the large image as people browse or the resources to generate a thumbnail. Hmmm :confused:

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
xtremeoff-road said:
No problem I will!!!!

Ya I was a little concerned with resources as well...That is why I was thinking which is worse, the bandwidth to send the large image as people browse or the resources to generate a thumbnail. Hmmm :confused:
On this server, for the time being, bandwith isn’t much of a concern, we have alot alloted for growth.

However, in consideration for individuals bandwith and download speeds. For the time being i have added this featured and rebuilt images, will see if anyone complains.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maverick said:
On this server, for the time being, bandwith isn’t much of a concern, we have alot alloted for growth.

However, in consideration for individuals bandwith and download speeds. For the time being i have added this featured and rebuilt images, will see if anyone complains.
Sounds cool...hey you would know better than I :)

Hey when you get a chance, could you please tell my designer that I am looking for my flash movie ;) :lmao:

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
xtremeoff-road said:
No problem I will!!!!

The resources to generate the thumbnail are taken only once. The resources to deliver say 100k of data 1000 times over are much higher. I/O kills. High performance servers need to close connections as fast as they can. This is why servers with very very high traffic use HTTP/1.0 instead of 1.1. Persistentence of a connection can kill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
BigBadBob0
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing