TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
It ain't Colorado Springs .... :rofl: Are you moving there, or just visiting?

What do you mean by relatively close? We haven't been able to find anything in the "metro Toledo" area. And even if there were, I don't know how "good" it could be - there's ZERO elevation change around there. PM "head" - he lives around there.

If you're willing to venture out a bit, there's Silver Lake Dunes up in Michigan, Badlands and Haspin Acres in Indiana, and a bunch of places in eastern KY (Slade County IIRC). Our most common 'wheeling area is Wellsville - but it's pretty much all the way across the state from Toledo...

If you're just visiting, I'd go to Cedar Point and ride the 'coasters instead of 'wheeling...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i play hockey out there in the winter, occasionally id find a muddy trail through a small patch of woods but nothing real exciting.
realitvely close would be like hour drive.
i wasnt really expecting anything, just hoping anyone knew of anything.
but apparently like the rest of toledo, there is nothing.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
I heard Toledo is a hoppin' place! :rofl:

So do you spend all winter out here? If so, keep up with the forum here, maybe you can join us on a Wellsville run, or if you don't mind some tree scratches, ATS here in Lorain.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Nope, noth'n in Toledo. I spent a couple days scouring the internet for some locations. I did find a 4x4 store up here, Diversified Truck Auto Off-Road, and talked to some of the guys for like an hour and all they knew about was mudpits.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
hey Head I will be in Toledo Sat. night gonna hit some bars.spend the night there then going Mich. sunday.You should come have a drink with us.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Sorry, was in NC all last week. Finally able to check the board. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Toledo 4 wheelers doesn't have the land anymore, their website is gone, the club is still active but you can't go wheel the land anymore. There are a few places that i know of that are good around toledo, maybe 3 that i can think of off the top of my head, some legal and some illegal and Toledo 4 wheelers has been looking at getting a new piece of land but from what I hear it may not be right close to Toledo. And yes, the wheeling in and around toledo is mostly mud bogs. I know of a good illegal place with good trails but you really have to watch out there. There is a decent group of us that wheel out this way, good guys, good trucks, if you get stuck its good to know ya got people to get you out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm another Toledoish type guy...I've lived around here most of my life..and theres nothin much...its SO DAMN FLAT here...the closest thing to a decent hill is a pile of cow pie...anyways..for all you guys out there that mentioned you live around here..drop me a line..I'd love to meet some ppl and go get muddy...
Travis:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
WolverineMarine
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing