TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too sure if this is the best place to post this, if not sorry as i am just way happy!

I got the ok from my wife to buy a new truck! Tomorrow around lunch time i am going to go see if i can buy one. I called toyota and they have to make room for the 07's so the 06 spot / short bed are going for 26000 about fully loaded.

If they have any left I am going to buy one yay!

Now i have to make it look like my 4runner again, but one step at a time...

Wish me luck, i really need it..

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
wao, early Christmas for you! Congrats!

You could sell your runner to me :D

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I hope yer not trading the SAS'd runner on that new junk...

Enjoy the next 5 or so years of enslavement to the creditors... Unless yer paying cash of course ;)...

Good luck with yer purchase...

·
Registered
67 Posts
you might have a hard time finding exactly what your looking for. but rebate on 06 d-cabs is 1500, and 500 on 07 d-cabs. but the thats here in the texas region if you need any help with pricing let me know i am a salesman at a toyota stealership.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to try to pick up a 4 door sport short bed for around 26000. Not paying cash for this, going to trade in my dodge truck for teh down payment i think. It kinda sucks if they dont have anymore tacoma's at that price because my Wife works at Nissan and she can buy a new Frontier at cost so that is my backup truck in case i dont find anything at our toyota dealer. Remember I live on Kauai, so there isnt alot to choose from.

We will see what the day brings tho, as i will be heading out in a few hours to see what i can get...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all,

Ended up with a Nissan (I am cheating on all of you) anyways j/k :) . However I really did buy a 2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo for 10k off sticker out the door

I did go to Toyota and they didn't have anymore 06's in so i figured I would try something different for the time being.

Truck is much like a Tacoma just says Nissan :) anyways, its a good truck, a little smaller then the new Tacoma so on that side of things that good....

Called Fabtech and they will have a lift out by the end of Jan, so seems like Nissan is off to a good start...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah SLR has some good shit but the customer service sucks and its too damn expensive. although this was when i owned my x. i bought once from them about 2 years ago and i would never buy from them again. EVER!
later
Zach

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tacosupreme said:
yes I know. a few days ago on the beach the bed hit the cab and dented it, the deal said they are not going to cover it.

When offroad there is something loose from the underside, again dealer said they wont cover it.

-Nissan is like 98% close to get traded in at the toyota dealer, in fact i am going to go there today to see what they will give for my 07 frontier ..

I am really pissed at nissan atm

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I feel for you. I made a similar mistake in 2000 and bought a nissan, twenty miles from the lot I chucked the front driveline on a sandy road testing out the 4wd. It was back at the lot a couple hours later and I was thumbing it home with my check in my pocket. The old Datsun's were hell for stout though, the new Nissan's just suck.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
10k off of sticker! That means you were out the door for like what, $17k or $18k? I looked at those trucks and loaded our with 4x4 they were only like $26-$27k for a sticker here in GA.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Wizzard005 said:
I am going to try to pick up a 4 door sport short bed for around 26000. Not paying cash for this, going to trade in my dodge truck for teh down payment i think. It kinda sucks if they dont have anymore tacoma's at that price because my Wife works at Nissan and she can buy a new Frontier at cost so that is my backup truck in case i dont find anything at our toyota dealer. Remember I live on Kauai, so there isnt alot to choose from.

We will see what the day brings tho, as i will be heading out in a few hours to see what i can get...
ive been to hawaii and kauai was my favorite island by far. and to top it off they have a bunch of tacomas and i didnt see 1 2wd. it was cool.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well shit, I guess the toyota dealer here on the island is out of 06's so that means i have to wait then. I guess I will just give the nissan to my wife and then go by my taco or fj... in the summer....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts