TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a V6 extracab 4x4 currently with 881s, and a TJM T17 bumper channel ready to put on. I have some 882s to go on after, but will it leave me with too much lift? I don't officially know the weight of the bumper, but picking it up doesn't feel like more than 80 lbs (minus brackets and wings).

I don't want to sacrifice CV boots and downtravel, and feel like maybe I should go the trim packer route instead. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
with the extra weight from the bumper it shouldnt be a problem

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
22RToy said:
I have a V6 extracab 4x4 currently with 881s, and a TJM T17 bumper channel ready to put on. I have some 882s to go on after, but will it leave me with too much lift? I don't officially know the weight of the bumper, but picking it up doesn't feel like more than 80 lbs (minus brackets and wings).

I don't want to sacrifice CV boots and downtravel, and feel like maybe I should go the trim packer route instead. Any suggestions?
are you adding a winch as well? 80# shouldn't make that much difference but 200# (winch, bumper, cable, rollers, etc) will overcome the coils. Using 882s won't help...been there, done that...they are only a 500# coil and just cannot handle the weight AND maintain much lift. Adding trims to the 882s will just make things worse. However, the 881s will tollerate some extra preload so you could add trims (to a point) to recoup the height lost from the new bumper.

BUT, if you plan on adding a winch, forget the OMEs all together.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I won't be adding a winch. However, I got a reply on the local board from the guy I bought my 881s from. Apparently, there are trim packers already installed. What I'll do is install the bumper and drive for a month or two, and see if the ride height becomes adversely affected. If needed, I'll throw on the 882s and hope for the best.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
22RToy said:
No I won't be adding a winch. However, I got a reply on the local board from the guy I bought my 881s from. Apparently, there are trim packers already installed. What I'll do is install the bumper and drive for a month or two, and see if the ride height becomes adversely affected. If needed, I'll throw on the 882s and hope for the best.
sounds good. you may do fine with the 81s and trims depending on how many the guy added each side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts