TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good time yesterday, had 5 trucks come out to play, all very well equipped! Boy did we need it! The trail was much harder than it was 5 years ago. The lower part is the "easy" part, and the upper part was the "hard" part. The lower part ended up being 33's and 2 lockers VERY MINIMUM! That's the most I've ever used my front locker. :D The upper part ended up being completely impassible by anything than a full blown Rock buggy on 44's up, or tank. That was about 3/4 mile into it. We figure it would take a crew a full days worth of work to make that part of the trail passable.

I was the smallest truck up there yesterday and managed to slide off a rock and get pretty hung up on my gas tank, frame, and rear diff. Took a tad bit of winching and some high-lift work to stack rocks to get me out. About 30 min worth of work. Rock damage slid off the trail in 2 spots and required some added people weight to keep the truck from going over while he drove out. The only other thing worth any mention is that the easy side hill trail that we took back to the main road, required a little "digging out" on the uphill side to widen the road. Water had pretty much washed the side of the road down the hill, and what was left was only about the width of an ATV. After digging it out the technique to cross was to gun it, go high on the bank, and hope for the best.

We took Carter out on this trip, his first big crawlin trip. He did really good, but between him keeping us hopping, and the trail requiring a lot of concentration, we only got a few pictures and a couple video's. It was a busy day!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure why how I ended up with a "!" for the title, can someone fix that? I can't edit it. :confused:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask and you shall receive uh? :rolleyes:

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Looks brutal, glad you guys made it out ok :)

Thanks for posting the AAR

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call me dumb, but AAR?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What, you guys just hang out thinking of new Acronyms to use?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
jdblatt
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing