TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some wheelin yesterday off of Cleghorn ridge (15 North and get off at the exit in cajon pass). I was surprised by how well the kit works with the sock suspension (just factory bilstine shocks and toyota leafs). This area offers some pretty gnarly wheelin trails that are off-shoots of the main dirt road.

I was also impressed by how quiet it is. My dads tundra requires ear plugs when you drive it by how squeeky it is. Also, my fox shocks valving (from down south motorsports) was perfect.

I was not impressed by how much my gas mileage sucks without running the stock bumper. I took that bumper/ splash guard off and I just have that factory AL cross member. I also think my gas mileage sucks because the front end is lifted so much more than the rear. I am still running my factory tires (265/70/16's) (FYI). I hope when I buy or make a bumper that mileage goes back up to stock numbers.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Pics or it didnt happen..

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Did some wheelin yesterday off of Cleghorn ridge (15 North and get off at the exit in cajon pass). I was surprised by how well the kit works with the sock suspension (just factory bilstine shocks and toyota leafs). This area offers some pretty gnarly wheelin trails that are off-shoots of the main dirt road.

I was also impressed by how quiet it is. My dads tundra requires ear plugs when you drive it by how squeeky it is. Also, my fox shocks valving (from down south motorsports) was perfect.

I was not impressed by how much my gas mileage sucks without running the stock bumper. I took that bumper/ splash guard off and I just have that factory AL cross member. I also think my gas mileage sucks because the front end is lifted so much more than the rear. I am still running my factory tires (265/70/16's) (FYI). I hope when I buy or make a bumper that mileage goes back up to stock numbers.

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Aerodynamics at its finest. Just another reason not to drive a bro dozer
Didnt know a long travel 4WD qualified as a bro dozer :confused:

OP post some pics of the new setup

·
Registered
534 Posts
Anything can be bro-d up.

Long travel or 4wd doesnt instantly make it tits. If you crank the coilovers up so you cant see shit over the hood and run stock stuff out back... Hey if broski suits you the i guess you probably DGAF about what i think

·
Registered
819 Posts
We get about 6 miles to the gallon when we have the hammer down on the Tundra. On the street we have about 14 at best with the lights still on the truck.
Just remember... If you want to drive faster off road, you can forget about all the nice "stuff" about your street truck.

Go big or go home as the Jack in the Box add tells it... Finish the rear end then post some photos. Then you can tell us how the valving is on the Fox shocks...

You really can not tell anything until you have a balanced system front and rear.
:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We get about 6 miles to the gallon when we have the hammer down on the Tundra. On the street we have about 14 at best with the lights still on the truck.
Just remember... If you want to drive faster off road, you can forget about all the nice "stuff" about your street truck.

Go big or go home as the Jack in the Box add tells it... Finish the rear end then post some photos. Then you can tell us how the valving is on the Fox shocks...

You really can not tell anything until you have a balanced system front and rear.
:D
The Rear will be months down the road when the work schedule lightens up. I will be traveling for a couple months. I know if I was going fast the other day, my rear would have sucked ballz. It served its purpose wheelin however. I will enjoy wheelin even more when I get the rear done and have some wicked articulation in the rear.. I will post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aerodynamics at its finest. Just another reason not to drive a bro dozer
It could be worse, I could be driving a ranger with fenders and no LT kit...

·
Registered
534 Posts
There is always worse! At least is not a drop bracket and then long travel... I have one question about cleghorn. I live 10 minutes from it, but i stay off that. ANyways did you notice if any sections are still closed? I know they are still legally closed, but last time i was up there i noticed and used the new bypasses around all the boulders. I figured they would stay like that for long

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Anything can be bro-d up.

Long travel or 4wd doesnt instantly make it tits. If you crank the coilovers up so you cant see shit over the hood and run stock stuff out back... Hey if broski suits you the i guess you probably DGAF about what i think
I was serious, I guess i don't know what the "actual" definition of a brodozer is. I moved west about 6 years ago from the east coast. Out there we never even heard of 2wd trucks. Moved out here and saw tons of lifted 2wd's and bracket lifted 4wd's everywhere.

I guess OP will be "broski" till he gets time/cash to complete the rear :confused:

So J-money enlighten me, I want to know what is the definition of a brodoz'ed truck???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More pics will ensue this weekend! My dad and I are planning a trip to big bear (up dishpan springs trail and to gold mtn), bradshaw trail or mojave road. Ill keep you all posted.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ill give you the chevy as being a bro-dozer, but um that car, Deffinately downsouth backwoods redneck. you should check out whiteboystoys.com there are a TON of brodozers lol....I ride like a stink bug lol rear end halfway and front lookin like shit haha...If I drive in reverse tho....I totally look bro ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ill give you the chevy as being a bro-dozer, but um that car, Deffinately downsouth backwoods redneck. you should check out whiteboystoys.com there are a TON of brodozers lol....I ride like a stink bug lol rear end halfway and front lookin like shit haha...If I drive in reverse tho....I totally look bro ;)
umm i dont see a chevy anywhere i do see a simple clean ranger with a doucher bro driving it tho

·
Registered
173 Posts
my bad deffinately just looked at the corner lights and not the cab and simple? I think that thing looks nasty

1 - 18 of 18 Posts