TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday i took the truck up illinois gulch by way of mt herman road and hotel gulch with a bunch of jeeps. the best part was that i owned them one one of the lines at the ledges, my poor IFS toyota crawled up the ledges and not 1, not 2, but all 4 heeps that tried could not make it up the same line.

got to love it when my little yota owns the day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this link show an xj trying the hard line, i was the only one to make it up. at the end of the vid you can see him bump it hard, he broke his rear tailgate panel inside and dented the colman fridge. i also think he knocked out a few fillings :)

ok try that

·
7,735 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they were all locked except for the cj. 2 xj's 1 rubicon 1 rubicon unlimited and 1 cj all tried it and all failed :)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Great pics. Looks like a fun trail. Are there any other obstacles on the trail besides the ledge?

Looks like a wheelbase problem.

Had you gone with a bunch of yota's, I bet the taco's would've owned it, and the 4runners would have been denied.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it is in the area of rainbow falls, as for obstacles that is the only one that i know of, the rest of the trails are just like most other rampart trails, dirt tracks with no rocks. one of the guys did go up farther on the trail and said there was a long steep hill that was all ice so he turned around, he didn't know if he could get back up it once he got down to the bottom.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That area looks like all kinds of fun! except that it's infested with Jeeps...
No seriously, I bet those guys with the rubicons turn on both lockers and electronically disconnect the push-button sway bar and all that fancy stuff just to do the easy obstacles.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
As a general rule in rainbow falls, if it goes down hill your going back to the main road.

I did that ledge with my Raptor660. It was pretty steep. Looks a little too fun with mud on it though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had the same kind of thing happen when I first got into wheeling. I had a completely stock 87 Runner with worn 32 BFG Muds. We were up in the Eagle Rock area. A couple Jeeps were playing around in this one section and were having problems. I stated that I didn't even want to try it with the Runner and was told to go ahead and play. I walked through it with no problems at all. It was all about wheel base. I've been impressed with the XJ the few times I've taken it out, but haven't done anything hard with it. Looks like you had a fun time.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Looks like a wheelbase problem.

Had you gone with a bunch of yota's, I bet the taco's would've owned it, and the 4runners would have been denied.
x2... and the FJs (denied), but it'd be fun to try it out :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love this place, great just to go camping, and ur taco destroyed those shelves!!!!!!!
I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this. I have been going up to rainbow falls since i was a little kid and i know the lake has gone through a few ownerships over the past years and now you cant fish on it anymore. Does anyone know what happened there?
Also I have been up there a bunch of times but which trail is actually the illinois gulch and missouri gulch tralis coming in off of 67?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts