TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, long time reader, new poster.

I just typed out a long post but had to do some other things (work the night shift at a hospital) and I lost it. :cool:

So I'll make it short and sweet: anyone know of a tool box / roll bar combo that will allow for simultaneous use.

Danke.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You could use a chest style tool box that doesn't go over the rails. Then you could mount your rollbar. I'm going to use this style because I want to put some sort of rack for a canoe on later.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I'm looking for something similar or different from the standard as well. I have a soft tonneau (rails for it clamped to the bed rail on the inside - top of bed rail exposed) and want a roll / light bar for the bed. I know it won't be a functional roll bar but just like the look and want overhead lights. Don't like the over cab mount lights. Anyway - can't find anything that will mount to the tops of the bed rails so as not to interfere with the function of the tonneau. Anybody do custom work?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've seen people with the snap-type soft tonneau's just cut a small U out where the bars for the rollbar come through, dont know if that would work for your type tonneu though

·
Registered
197 Posts
King Red said:
Hi, long time reader, new poster.

I just typed out a long post but had to do some other things (work the night shift at a hospital) and I lost it. :cool:

So I'll make it short and sweet: anyone know of a tool box / roll bar combo that will allow for simultaneous use.

Danke.
Hey King Red,
I got a Delta Al. Box for my truck and it works really nice. I think it's a 36 gallen chest and it's almost flush with the height of my bed rail. My roll bar is not a really roll bar but i have reinforced by connecting it to the frame. The box fits right between the main hoop and the lid. The lid has about an inch or 2 before it hits the bars when opening. It can hold a lot of stuff, I got all my towing equipment, tools and what ever i need in there.

http://image24.webshots.com/25/1/38/35/50013835GJnaAq_ph.jpg

Kevin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I'll look into doing something along those lines.

Gotta go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a A US weld Services Tool Box and a roll bar on my truck. This setup works good for me.
Pics of roll bar P.S. The pics or of my old Tacoma I now have a 02 model......just never updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts