TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a toolbox for my 03 DCab. Is there any company that makes a narrow one that fits in front of the bed? I really don't want a normal size one since it will take up too much room. If you have pics of toolboxes on a DCab, please post. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
jcrafton said:
I am looking to buy a toolbox for my 03 DCab. Is there any company that makes a narrow one that fits in front of the bed? I really don't want a normal size one since it will take up too much room. If you have pics of toolboxes on a DCab, please post. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
delta also makes one I picked up at checkers on sale for $130.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I got that deflectashield linked to above for x-mas, excellent tool box, if you want measurements or anything i can go outside and get em for you.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I had the same problem in finding a toolbox that was slim, BUT didn't cover up the tie downs.

I looked at tool boxes for several months before I decided to make my own box. I don't know if its a consideration, but its easy to make brackets that fit on the upper tied down bolt and then use the holes provided along the top of the bed to secure the back of the box. By going this route, I can still put a couple of 3/4 inch 4x8 sheets of plywood in the back without them sticking 4+ feet out the back and still have a tool box. Anyways a thought or consideration.

Wally

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KStacoma said:
I got that deflectashield linked to above for x-mas, excellent tool box, if you want measurements or anything i can go outside and get em for you.
I would love to have the measurements. Also, do you have any pics of the box on your truck?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'll get the measurements and pics and get back to you.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
UWS makes a slim line one that will fit. I think it's pretty high priced though. I need to get one too but for now I put two ammo cans attached to those large drain holes in the bed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts