TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TOOL cell-phone ringers?

Anyone know somewhere on the net I could get a TOOL ringtone that is NOT that polyphonic shit that all these fuckin morons make.

I found one place, was like mnsemotions or somethin but when I tried to score it, the confirmation number sent to my phone was in a picture form and I dont have the right service where I live now to recieve them, k-Falls OR. Cant send them either obviously. So the one that I found that was actually of the band was the one that wont work, hooray.

Anyone wanna help me? I have verizon non-mp3 phone. About a year old. Rather just buy it off the net if I can.

Pretty much anything from TOOL. Prison Sex will be my first choice, but anything else will likely do.

·
Registered
764 Posts
i bought a program called xingtone so i could just make my own ringtones. all mine are MP3 though, so i dont know if the program would work with your phone.

·
Registered
606 Posts
there's a few things I can do for you... if you're phone is WAP enabled, I can send you a link to the song I just downloaded. If not, I can send you the song to your phone in what would probably be .qcp format but the quality won't be as good. The only thing with the wap is that the songs are in mp3 format. it all depends on how in depth you want to go with this. I put mine on my phone, but I have to change mp3s to midi files and upload them via data cable. pain in the ass, but $20 for a year of unlimited downloads of real ringtones beats the hell out of $3 each! So, let me know. I just downloaded "prison sex" a minute ago.

·
Registered
175 Posts
george.arnold said:
i bought a program called xingtone so i could just make my own ringtones. all mine are MP3 though, so i dont know if the program would work with your phone.

I just tried the Xingtone last night after seeing this post. Kind of funny as the gf and I just got new phones yesterday too. Both play MP3 files. I made one with Galvanize on it to test it out and the whole thing worked great.

The trial version though was doing backflips on my computer and was boggin everything down. Only issue is it only lets you do 9versions of the same tone in trial mode. But it soulds great all things considered.

Look on the net for other free ringtone generators there are tons. Some you pay per tone...one I found (Easyringtones I think) lets you pay via cc or paupal. But I was kindof sketched at giving a freeware program my paypal info.

Nice bennie of the xingtone is you can make up to 42 sec long tones (for Cingular at least) vs. the 16 sec tracks you download for 2.50 from the web.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
If your phone is bluetooth enabled, just make your own. I think with cingular you can't, but read through the comments to find out. I make my own and it's so much better than paying for something that I don't know what I'm getting...

http://wateronlydries.com/2005/11/make-a-razr-ringtone-with-itunes/

BTW, Vicarious is a kick ass song!

Also note the instructions say RAZR, but these instructions work for any bluetooth enabled phone that has OBEX file transfer enabled.

·
Registered
764 Posts
NorcalPR said:
BTW, Vicarious is a kick ass song!
dude, Jambi and The Pot are the best songs of the new album. Vicarious comes in a close 3rd :D

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
george.arnold said:
dude, Jambi and The Pot are the best songs of the new album. Vicarious comes in a close 3rd :D
The Pot is prety good, but they overplay it a lot over here. I like Vicarious much better...

The only downside of making your own ringtones is that your phone must be Bluetooth enabled (with the OBEX file transfer) and you have to have a Bluetooth adapter for your computer. I jsut bought a Linksys that plugs into my USB...

Either way it works. I did it to my Brothers Motorolla, my Razr and my gf's Razr. I have a new ringtown pretty much every week. This week is Numb/Encore...

-Philly

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In order of most desired:
-Prison sex
-Triad
-Lateralus
-Schism
-Sober
-Juedeth (yeah APC)

Yeah dude if you can help me out it would be awesome! Neeed my number or email?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Kyota said:
In order of most desired:
-Prison sex
-Triad
-Lateralus
-Schism
-Sober
-Juedeth (yeah APC)

Yeah dude if you can help me out it would be awesome! Neeed my number or email?
I'm gonna email the sound to my phone and see if it sounds decent. PM your cell number to me and I'll send it regardless of how it sounds and let you decide if you want it.

Also, to learn how to do similar things on your phone, go to www.howardforums.com and look up what model it is, see what people have figured out how to do on it. that's how I figured out how to get my ringers done.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Holy isht, I think I just fixed my ringtone woes...for good.

Thanks to a conglomeration of the advise in this thread...it worked.

I used Itunes to make the ringer, thanks to the water only dries blog.

I then saved it. Then I sent a MMS (multimedia message...picture) to my email acct. to find out my phone's "email address" I have Cingular and it is (your phone # areacode and all with no dashes)@mms.mycingular.com
Looks something like this [email protected] (that is not a real address)

Then I sent the file (ringer ) via email to that address and viola saved media, stored it on phone and it sounds great. No need for sd cards, or cables.

Appreciate everyone posting info here...made this member very happy...even at 3am in the morning.

Edit, I would recommend turning the volume up on the output to full. My tones were quieter than purchased ones. I will try to get them even louder with itunes later.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Ah, awesome. I would post it on that blog so other people know...

I just like using the bluetooth because then I don't get charged...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Forgot about the charges for MMS but my plan has that included so I'm paying for it anyway...might as well use it. And it sure beats 2.50 for a 16 second clip instead of a free 42 second clip.

I may go the sd route too if we (the gf and I ) use up our monthly media limits.

Question though. On Itunes, as the song plays at the top in the little oval, it says name of song blah blahblah and then displays the "time remaining" Which makes it hard to figure out the actual time to set for the ringtone to play from .. Is there a way to have it indicate "time elapsed" like normal audio display instead of time remaining?

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Mine shows elapsed. Maybe in the options you can change it.

FYI, the phone only uses 30 seconds as a ringer. Any longer and it's jsut a waste of space on the phone...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll check more of my settings.

I just realized I never hear the entire ringers I have made at 42sec. I'll shorten them down a bit...I also have to bump the volume up a tad too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts