TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is better to put on a toolbox, rhino lining or a powder coat? Cost needs to be taken into account along with durability and the other usual suspects.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Either of those is gonna be pricey. Line-X quoted me $150 for a crossover tool box. While the black/ powdercoated tool boxes cost about $50-100 more than polished this still might be the cheaper (and easier) route.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any difference in durability?

·
Registered
661 Posts
On my last tool box, I Herculined it and it lasted 4 years. Cost me $50.00 and I had enough left over to do it again. Could still be fine as I sold it. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I've asked a few guys around town here about the differences and I've been told that powdercoating looks great and helps somewhat but it chips and is more expensive whereas rhino lining makes it a lot more durable and is, obviously, not as expensive.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Actually, I've asked a few guys around town here about the differences and I've been told that powdercoating looks great and helps somewhat but it chips and is more expensive whereas rhino lining makes it a lot more durable and is, obviously, not as expensive.
Powercoating will look better and won't fade. However once it chips, and it will, you can't touch it up.

Rhino lining is the more durable of the two. Its much less likely to chip and it can always be resprayed under warranty if it does. However rhino lining will fade over time. Nothing a little paint can't fix.

If it were me, I would rhino line it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts