TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I just saw the Top Gear America episode where they took some American 4x4's from Death Valley to Vegas. Yes, I know that they were American trucks, so us Toyota guys were left out, but that aside it looked like a badass trip! From the dry lake beds of Death Valley, through rocky desert mountains, sand dunes, and then up to the top of a mountain in the forest, before driving down into Vegas.

Has anyone done this trip, or a similar one. I have done the Mojave Road a couple times, and really loved that, I think this would be another great trip. I am sure the Expo guys might know more about this, if anyone has any info please share!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awsome! Do you have any routes or trails you recommend? GPS cords? Anything would be helpful!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I would recommend Goler wash, Mengel pass (not much to look at but the history is cool), barker ranch (until some assholes burned it down) and striped butte. Best time of year in my opinion is spring for the flowers and mild weather, winter is not bad but the weather can turn nasty in a heartbeat and flash floods in the tight canyons are no bueno.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that info! I will probably go in late March, early April. Just trying to get ahead on figuring this thing out. I go with my dad and a few of his friends, they need extra time to prepare... haha.

Anyone else have any info, GPS cords, etc?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts