TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've run down the beach w/ mine locked at ~65mph w/ no ill effects and I can't see where speed would effect it. You are asking how fast we've used it while engaged right, now the fastest speed to engage it?
Ryan

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
redneck said:
I've run down the beach w/ mine locked at ~65mph w/ no ill effects and I can't see where speed would effect it. You are asking how fast we've used it while engaged right, now the fastest speed to engage it?
Ryan
Well I think speed would come into play when you try to turn on a grippy surface, at that point your diff would explode.

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
shadymilkman said:
link doesnt work
Sorry bout that. Go to customtacos.com and go to the "Tech" section. You will find a tech article called the grey wire mod. Click on that and it will show you how to do it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zackattak said:
Sorry bout that. Go to customtacos.com and go to the "Tech" section. You will find a tech article called the grey wire mod. Click on that and it will show you how to do it.
silly silly zach i said i have a prerunner, i didnt go to customtacos yet but im pretty sure the grey wire mod doesnt aply to me

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah, def on a grippy surface shit would probably hit the fan at 90mph, but most people wouldn't have it locked at that point nor would they be turning :)
Ryan

·
Registered
271 Posts
not necessarily true. think about trucks with a full time locker.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah, I was thinking about that because I've done a burnout on pavement w/ the locker engaged that turned into a doughnut w/ some steering input ;) point being that if it were gonna hurt something then would have been the time for it to do it... I never have had a bit of trouble running 65 down the beach all day w/ the locker engaged in 2wd...
Ryan

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
By the way...you have to be at a full stop in order for the locker button to activate, even if you push it while moving. Same applies for engauging/disengauging. If you havent used it yet, after you hit the buton to engauge it will blink and go solid til it is engauged. To make it lock a lot quicker, start slowly rolling forward and just turn right or left (like a half turn-SLOW). Same for disengauging.

By the way, I have the same truck as you...mines green :) haha umm yeah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts