TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna make my double cab 05 tacoma a removable hard top, like Jeeps or FJ's.
i know its not easy or cheap. so should i just call up Westcoast customs, who do pimp my ride???]
nahhh. someone else could do it for cheaper. i heard there was a custom FJ cruiser on ebay someone made like that for sale.
any ideas on custom chop shops in NORthern cali or southern oregon??
peace

·
Registered
204 Posts
sawzall, some glue and duct tape and some brackets to hold it back down later. good to go :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
You'll receive better advice on customtacos.com

Some cholo buddies in high school made a removable top for a nissan hardbody. Can't be all that hard.

·
Registered
313 Posts
But if you are serious, you're better off buying a salvage late model taco. There's plenty around. Better yet, but one cheap that was in a roll-over. Then you have an excuse to cut the top.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I wanna make my double cab 05 tacoma a removable hard top, like Jeeps or FJ's.
i know its not easy or cheap. so should i just call up Westcoast customs, who do pimp my ride???]
nahhh. someone else could do it for cheaper. i heard there was a custom FJ cruiser on ebay someone made like that for sale.
any ideas on custom chop shops in NORthern cali or southern oregon??
peace
that would be sweeeeeeeeeet..... check this

·
Registered
892 Posts
You're CRAZY!!

Why would you do that to a nice new (still under warranttee??) truck??

Buy an older truck and chop it up or buy a Jeep Wrangler or something.

My husband knew a guy who made an older toy (80) into a convertible. It was actually pretty cool. Much easier to chop up an 80's truck than a 05 truck!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
But if you are serious, you're better off buying a salvage late model taco. There's plenty around. Better yet, but one cheap that was in a roll-over. Then you have an excuse to cut the top.
X2!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you have a money tree in the back yard, chopping up your nice, clean titled truck would be a big mistake.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
that would be sweeeeeeeeeet..... check this
Seems like there's plenty of room for plastic explosives in this one...even without the top.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
You're CRAZY!!

Why would you do that to a nice new (still under warranttee??) truck??

Buy an older truck and chop it up or buy a Jeep Wrangler or something.

My husband knew a guy who made an older toy (80) into a convertible. It was actually pretty cool. Much easier to chop up an 80's truck than a 05 truck!!!

Some of us do crazy things to brand new trucks.:D

I say go over to custom taco's and go for it dude. It's your dream. Don't let anyone take that from you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not something I'd do on a newer truck, but I think it'd look pretty sweet with the new body style. It'd fit right in over there on the west coast.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Go for it man - if i really wanted todo it to mine i would.

·
Registered
704 Posts
When I was stationed in No Carolina....there were a lot of mini's with convertable hard tops. All of em looked pretty clean.

Im sure someone makes a kit somewhere.

Just dont think I would do it to my 06.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Not something I'd do on a newer truck, but I think it'd look pretty sweet with the new body style. It'd fit right in over there on the west coast.

Actually, you dont see much of that out here. Ive been around the country a good bit and I mostly see those in the S:D outh believe it or not.

·
Registered
779 Posts
the FJ on ebay was a softtop... :eek: good luck with your project..

-Alex

1 - 20 of 21 Posts