TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure people have heard of the tornado. supposed to increase miles per gallon. i was just wondering if anyone has one, or knows anything about them. thx for your time

·
Registered
203 Posts
schcott said:
im sure people have heard of the tornado. supposed to increase miles per gallon. i was just wondering if anyone has one, or knows anything about them. thx for your time
Save your money. I've heard from a couple of people that it improved their throttle response. It's not worth it. You'll get more from doing the deck plate mod.

·
Registered
47 Posts
MDTRD said:
Save your money. I've heard from a couple of people that it improved their throttle response. It's not worth it. You'll get more from doing the deck plate mod.
Agreed, stick to what works :)

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
schcott said:
it's a scam.. it just blocks the flow of air.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah I got into a discussion with a very ignorant person the other day. I told him he would never get good or even ok milage with a fullsize truck with 35+in tires. He told me he was just gonna get the Tornado. :rofl:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aight thx everyone. wuts a deck plate mod? im not familiar with that.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
schcott said:
My friend tried one of these about 3 years ago on his Jeep Cherokee and didn't notice a difference. My opinion is don't waste your money.

Bill

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where can you get the deckplate kit, and how much does it run? I have a 2.7l and will try anything for a couple more horsies here and there!

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
3rdidvet said:
Where can you get the deckplate kit, and how much does it run? I have a 2.7l and will try anything for a couple more horsies here and there!
go to a boat store that sells marine supplies.ask for a 3inch deckplate.
basically,all it is,is a hole with a screw on lid.
then you cut a hole in the airbox(to fit the deckplate) seal it with sensor safe silicone stuff and voila!:clap:

·
Registered
39 Posts
KRYPTO(dale) said:
go to a boat store that sells marine supplies.ask for a 3inch deckplate.
basically,all it is,is a hole with a screw on lid.
then you cut a hole in the airbox(to fit the deckplate) seal it with sensor safe silicone stuff and voila!:clap:
Would you happen to have a brand name or know where I can get a sensor safe silicone. The rubber seal inside my airbox is coming off, I need to glue it back on.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
alex9021 said:
Would you happen to have a brand name or know where I can get a sensor safe silicone. The rubber seal inside my airbox is coming off, I need to glue it back on.
permatex-any parts store will have it.pretty easy to find.:cool:

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
3rdidvet said:
I have the 2.7, and the deckplate mod didn't look to easy to do on my truck. Most people do it on the 3.4 because the front of the airbox is flat. Mine has ridges on it, so the deckplate would require some time to put in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did the deck plate mod with a black threaded pipe end, same idea but I managed to get it in black so it blends in, kinda nice having it somewhat hidden when smog time comes around.... California is kinda nutty about that kind of stuff

1 - 20 of 30 Posts