TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the ID, OD and length of both the ball joint tools made by Total Chaos. I refuse to pay 16 dollars for something I can make in 5 minutes for 50 cents. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure with that attitude people will be jumping up and down to help you. Instead of coming off like a cheap asshole, maybe you can ask nicely? :2cents:
Really? Great way to welcome a new member to this forum. I'll be sure to let all my friends know how cool this place is. If you havn't noticed the economy in the past 5 years has been quite shi**y, and every dollar saved is another dollar I can blow on a useful part for my truck.-- I am a smart, nice, and well educated guy who asked a simple question. I also know when and when not to keep my mouth shut. You should learn the same.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This isn't a sport to get into unless you can afford it. It would have been better to just leave the statement of money out of the original post esspecially with it being your first post. It looks like you're only coming on here to ask how to be cheap, not adding to the knowledge of the forum.
Good luck,
Taylor

·
Registered
506 Posts
Can anyone tell me the ID, OD and length of both the ball joint tools made by Total Chaos. I refuse to pay 16 dollars for something I can make in 5 minutes for 50 cents. Thanks for your help.

I think the Bold section is the only problem Showstop had an issue with. I can't remember if TC is a Sponsor but I know a lot of the vendors for our Trucks are sponsors on this site that keep it running and support events in many ways.

Welcome to TTORA and there is a lot of good information here and good people. Showstop is one of those good people.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Really? Great way to welcome a new member to this forum. I'll be sure to let all my friends know how cool this place is. If you havn't noticed the economy in the past 5 years has been quite shi**y, and every dollar saved is another dollar I can blow on a useful part for my truck.-- I am a smart, nice, and well educated guy who asked a simple question. I also know when and when not to keep my mouth shut. You should learn the same.
Hi my name is ______, Im from ______. I drive a ___________. This is what ive done to it ______. And I have a question, _______....

lets start with the basics! :p

Yours Truly!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi my name is Andrew. Im from Chandler, AZ. I have worked in the tire and wheel industry for 8 years and will graduate from ASU in December with a mechanical engineering degree. I drive a '04 tacoma, ext. cab, 4wheel TRD 5speed, its name is Goldmember because it is gold and I am half dutch. So far its stock with an ebay special leveling kit on 265/75s. I use the fun stick for hunting and fishing. I have king coilovers and TC uca's coming to me in the mail. And right now you guys are laughing because I just spent 1500 bucks on parts and just asked how to save 16 dollars on some cups to press out my old ball joints and press in my new slugs. Simply put, I enjoy making stuff with my hands and who doesnt look for an excuse to pull out the welder whenever possible? :welder:

·
Administrator
18,246 Posts
Point taken. Everybody is looking to save money, I know it. But jumping in here and basically saying "I'm cheap, can somebody give me the specs so I can copy this product" is truly bad form. This was why I suggested you take another approach.

This isn't a sport to get into unless you can afford it. It would have been better to just leave the statement of money out of the original post esspecially with it being your first post. It looks like you're only coming on here to ask how to be cheap, not adding to the knowledge of the forum.
Good luck,
Taylor
^^^^ This

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
If you havn't noticed the economy in the past 5 years has been quite shi**y, and every dollar saved is another dollar I can blow on a useful part for my truck.--
Economy is bad in part because of folks like you. Your going to rip off a tool that TC builds because your to cheap to pay $16.00?

Take that mechanical engineering degree and move your ass over to China, you will fit right in with those fucking intellectual property thieves.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I introduced myself, explained my situation and Im still getting flamed. Did I join a jeep forum or something?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
That post above is just stupid, what the op wants to do has little to nothing to do with the economy today. Large companies closing shop here and then manufacturing in places like mexico play a part.
There are plenty of people on here that make there own sst's to work on their trucks, as well as bumpers sliders etc.. Not only because they enjoy it but to save a buck. His choice words might have bothered some but what he wants to accomplish isn't so bad.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
^ X2

I don't know why the fuck all these peeps are picking on this fuckin' noob :confused:

especially Tyler... (wut's 'da deal, brother ?)

just because he didn't kiss yer asses,
or play yer fuckin' "brown nosing" game ?

or... maybe,

You think he should have to pay, because U had to cough it up ? :rolleyes: :dunno:

wgas if the OP is too cheap to pay for sumthin'...
that he could easily make. (wow..! ...the concept of that ?) :rolleyes:

I commonly fab up my own specialty tools, and everything else I can...
most always... to save a buck !? :dunno:

Stop acting like envious/jealous bitches, in regards of someone,
whom is capable of fab'n up their own chit :shame:

this forum is supposed to be about sharing tech... skills, knowledge and experiences...

if U don't have none of 'dat...
it's probably better, if you'd just STFU :flipoff3:

===========================

OP... if I had the tech answer U needed...

U'd have it already... :2cents: ;)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Doesn't AutoZone/Checker rent the ball joint press? Pretty sure you just have to upfront $50 and then you get it refunded when you return the tool.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright some normal guys are actually on this forum. So apparently I went wrong by wanting to save money. I have a feeling there are more people for my point of view than against it, they just dont want to stir the pot and go against a seasoned and well respected members point of view. Got to love internet forums, its where anyone can be an expert, and say what they please with no real world repercussions.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Oh no, I completely disagree with how you came off in this thread. I still think you're acting like a total dick.

It's a good thing you didn't post in newbie tech where we couldn't have flamed your ass.

·
Hawaii's Damage Control
1,026 Posts
Economy is bad in part because of folks like you. Your going to rip off a tool that TC builds because your to cheap to pay $16.00?

Take that mechanical engineering degree and move your ass over to China, you will fit right in with those fucking intellectual property thieves.
And him taking his degree to china helps our economy in what way. STFU!

More power to the OP for wanting to make his own tools, god knows I make damn near everything I can to save money. If you don't like it, don't say anything. Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question though. Maybe you can find someone with a old ball joint and make your own design.

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
And him taking his degree to china helps our economy in what way. STFU!

More power to the OP for wanting to make his own tools, god knows I make damn near everything I can to save money. If you don't like it, don't say anything. Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question though. Maybe you can find someone with a old ball joint and make your own design.
If he knew wtf he said he does, he could mic the mother fucker and build on that.
He already has the component and wants to make the tool.

My point was you don't rip off other peoples designs. R&D costs money and the cost of the tool/part is their way of recouping the investment.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
My point was you don't rip off other peoples designs. R&D costs money and the cost of the tool/part is their way of recouping the investment.
who's getting ripped off :confused: :dunno:

he not going into production with it...
just trying to make a tool that he needs for his personal use.

nothing immoral about copying someones design, for personal use.
people do that all the time... and it's legal, and not a morality issue.

Now, if he were making them for sale to the public...
then that could be a different story...
and might be considered immoral or even possibly criminal,
if patents were infringed upon.

That's not the case here... and U all know it.

BTW... I didn't read one ounce of arrogance in the OP's original request,
from his first post...
The OP simply stated that, he refused to pay $ 16.00 for something he could make... for .50 cents.
What U might all seem to misunderstand or conceive as arrogance...
I see and consider, instead, as a form of personal confidence.

he simply asked if anyone might share the specs of the part, inquired of.
What's so difficult to comprehend ?
and why do folk always seem to look for the negative aspect
of everything they read into ? :dunno:

BTW... it wasn't until Tyler posted and accused him of making a request with an arrogance or attitude, (which was somehow conceived or interpreted as insulting), that the OP became defensive...

hell... I don't blame the OP for his response to 'dat shitty welcome.

I think yer all acting like women folk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts