TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what would work best for an all around trail rig.
opinions?:cool:

·
Registered
787 Posts
KRYPTO(dale) said:
I've never heard anything good about the Total chaos kit. But for a total traiil rig why even mess with the IFS? Just torch it off and throw a d60 under it. A SA will most definately be better for offroad then an IFS kit. Plus easier to repair.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
wtf are u talking about u havent heard anything good about that kit??? its the best complete LT kit out there.........do u ever know what u are talking about?? or just another if its not sas'd it doesnt belong type of person?

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
LavosTRD said:
wtf are u talking about u havent heard anything good about that kit??? its the best complete LT kit out there.........do u ever know what u are talking about?? or just another if its not sas'd it doesnt belong type of person?
For a go-fast bolt-on kit, it's a good kit. As for rock crawling, it doesn't offer much besides width and more clearance between the ground and IFS.

If you knew Dale, you would soon find out that he is hammer down in the rocks. The whole way through Rubicon was a riot LOL For a trail rig, solid axle with coilovers would be a good option for him. :eek:zzy:

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
KRYPTO(dale) said:
Dale, IFS is not for you. I saw the condition your rig was in after the Rubicon. :)

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
my problem was with teh bad mouthing total chaos.......its a LT kit it was never designed to be used for rock crawling.....and says its a bad kit cuz it doesnt do something too well that it wasnt designed to do doesnt make sense to me

·
Registered
787 Posts
LavosTRD said:
Wow, calm down. I know what I am talking about, still learning some. When he said trail I didn't assume high speed, in the desert stuff. Wish your claim about me was true but its not. My rig isn't even SAS'd yet but it will be. So don't flame until you know the person, until then, keep your mouth shut.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Toyasaurus said:
I've never heard anything good about the Total chaos kit. But for a total traiil rig why even mess with the IFS? Just torch it off and throw a d60 under it. A SA will most definately be better for offroad then an IFS kit. Plus easier to repair.
That's funny, cuz I've only heard good things about Total Chaos. And he wasn't asking about a "Total trail rig", he said a "good all around trail rig". So if he's still planning on driving the truck on the street I don't think lopping off the IFS is the smartest thing to do. And if this is gonna be a hardcore trail rig, then go ahead, SA it. If you know him personally that's fine but if not let's find out what we're talking about before we rip on a bitchin company/product.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
BajaRnr12 said:
". So if he's still planning on driving the truck on the street I don't think lopping off the IFS is the smartest thing to do.
if the SAS is done correctly and he doesnt cut corners it will ride better on the streets than the IFS stuff does, i know mine does, and thats with leafs, i could only imagin how well a coilover rig would ride. plus you have a stronger front end. i dont know anything about the sand stuff though since im in alabama and really dont care too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the total chaos and love it. But I think a sas 4 link dual rate coils would out do my truck in the dez or on the trails. But your talkin probably twice as much money as i spent

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
KRYPTO(dale) said:

It really depends on what you want out of it. I like both long travel setups and SAS rigs for their being good at what they do. For all around toughness a solid axle is hard to beat. With a SAS you are getting rid of the terrible placed and weak Steering rack, which is the worst feature of the Tacoma.

From the trails you run I say SAS.

·
Registered
102 Posts
:eek:zzy:
zszac111 said:
if the SAS is done correctly and he doesnt cut corners it will ride better on the streets than the IFS stuff does, i know mine does, and thats with leafs, i could only imagin how well a coilover rig would ride. plus you have a stronger front end. i dont know anything about the sand stuff though since im in alabama and really dont care too.

With proper shocks/valving the ifs will be superior... on any surface at speeds above 5mph.:eek:zzy:

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
KRYPTO(dale) said:
If this if for Ol'e Blue I can't believe you are even asking the question, LOL

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
LavosTRD said:
my problem was with teh bad mouthing total chaos.......its a LT kit it was never designed to be used for rock crawling.....and says its a bad kit cuz it doesnt do something too well that it wasnt designed to do doesnt make sense to me
you should watch Jesse and his LT project Tacoma blaze up rocky trails, LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
17 Participants
BruceTS
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing