TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup, got in a wreck today. It was not my fault. I was headed down 141 when the person in front of me slammed on their brakes, I slammed mine and was going to stop before without problem but I guess the guy behind me didnt see I stopped so she slammed into the back of my 4Runner. Her car was most likely totalled, my hitch went straight into her engine compartment and there was oil/ radiator fluid all over my rear bumper. Anyways, when she hit me, it pushed me into the car in front of me. My car isnt damaged at all in the front besides maybe a little dent. Hopefully I can get the cash for a new TJM or something because of it.

The bad. I got a damn ticket for following too closely.

That may not have made any sense at all but whatever.

·
Registered
717 Posts
if you could have stopped before hitting the person in front of you, how did you get a ticket for fallowing to closely?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Everybody is OK I guess? Did the Accord's air bags go off? Sounds like she was movin' when she hit you...

Yeah....I don't understand how you get a ticket for being pushed into the car infront of you....?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Thats BS. Something doesn't add up. Fight that in court if your story is true, there is no way I would take a ticket for following to closely, when I wasn't.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It usually doesnt matter if your stopped or not. You SUPPOSED to keep a certain distane from vehicles at ALL times regardless whether your stopped or not. I know i know NOBODY does this including myself but its still your responsibility to keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you just in case this exact thing happens. Which is exactly why the driver that rearended YOU is going to also get a following too closely ticket. Not preaching but thats what ive seen everytime in an accident like this....

Also if im wrong....please let me know!!! I like information!!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I can see why I got a ticket because realistically I SHOULD have given more room, and shouldnt have made it so close. I am still going to talk to my parents attorney about it to see if there is any way I can get out of it.

Her airbag did not go off, I dont know how. I mean her car was destroyed. She was going realllllly fast. It was like she wasnt paying attention at all because I didnt hear skidding until the second before she hit me. I Have my shackle reciever thing in the hitch and her accord just went completely under the hitch. There is either radiator fluid or oil or something on my rear bumper and it was all over the tow truck.

I didnt have my camera in my car so no pics of her car, I will go take a pic of the damage to my car though.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
RamToolTaco said:
It usually doesnt matter if your stopped or not. You SUPPOSED to keep a certain distane from vehicles at ALL times regardless whether your stopped or not. I know i know NOBODY does this including myself but its still your responsibility to keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you just in case this exact thing happens. Which is exactly why the driver that rearended YOU is going to also get a following too closely ticket. Not preaching but thats what ive seen everytime in an accident like this....

Also if im wrong....please let me know!!! I like information!!!
That hasn't been my personal experience. I was in a wreck a few years back with my sister. She rear-ended the car in front of her and pushed the car into the back of the one in front of the one she hit (confusing?) My sister is the only one that walked away from the accident with a ticket. Think about it, you would have to leave a lot of space at an intersection to account for someone traveling at the actual speed limit rearending you.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only good thing I see is I may be getting a new front and.or rear bumper. Can you say TJM?

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
I would steer away from a TJM bumper. No personal experience, just things I have heard. Looks like you will be getting a rear bumper, also.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wont get any money for the front, they are considering that my fault so I would have to pay a deductable. I think I am just going to bedliner my rear bumper and knock the dents out and keep the cash.

·
Registered
382 Posts
justinh said:
That hasn't been my personal experience. I was in a wreck a few years back with my sister. She rear-ended the car in front of her and pushed the car into the back of the one in front of the one she hit (confusing?) My sister is the only one that walked away from the accident with a ticket. Think about it, you would have to leave a lot of space at an intersection to account for someone traveling at the actual speed limit rearending you.
I have had the same experience i.e. if you get pushed after you stop your not at
at fault (that's just my past experience)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
....and i bet when everyone first saw the thread title, you all were probably thinking "greg got into another wreck" LOL

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was just in Alpharetta yesterday looking at a 4Runner. [/ot]

That sucks you're getting a ticket, but still cool that you hit someone, and got rearended and have hardly NO damage to your vehicle what so ever!

·
Registered
823 Posts
gregers05 said:
....and i bet when everyone first saw the thread title, you all were probably thinking "greg got into another wreck" LOL

I did... my thought process went something along the lines of..
"haha..i bet dude had another wreck... *page loads* oh diff guy. "

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
fenrisx said:
I did... my thought process went something along the lines of..
"haha..i bet dude had another wreck... *page loads* oh diff guy. "

LOL the first thing that went through my head is "i bet everything thinks this was me again" lol

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
gregers05 said:
LOL the first thing that went through my head is "i bet everything thinks this was me again" lol
honestly i say it on the board and you were the last post i was like WTF now there is a pattern here,so maybe it IS greg fault then i saw it was a diff dude..i was like :rolleyes: niccceee
and no TJM BAD TJM
TRUST ME they fold like tin cans
well mine did
and i wont buy another one...my next bumper is all pro

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really the only option for me though, ARBs are expensive and AllPro doesnt make a bumper for 4Runners.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts