TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody noticed that the site is updated within a couple hours of the new month? You guys are on it.

Una, I was wondering if you ever managed to get every bit of mud out. Was recarpeting necessary?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd venture to say you're fucked on that one. I'm sure there's ways to clean it out with steam cleaning and some industrial carpet cleaner. However, it just might be cheaper to get new carpet installed. Depends on who has the equipment and stuff.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I did that once. I just ended up vacuuming out the carpet really well, then I pulled up the edges, stuck some small blocks in to hold it up, and jammed a fan in for a day to dry out the carpet and pad. Followed by more vacuuming. It looked decent and I never got any bad smells. A couple months later we had rented a Rug Doctor and gotten the upholstery attachment so I did the carpets and seats in the truck. Worked great.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
what is funny is there was a taco with more lift and bigger tires stuck in that same mud hole the day before.......and she was there to see it......some people never learn :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yep, thew FJ doesn't have carpet...rubber flooring. Just hose it out. She actually made it through that same hole a couple of times, but this time she was trying to pull out a stuck Bronco and got at a bad angle. There was a big mound in the middle of the mud hole and some deep ruts next to the mound. she got crossed up in the ruts and was off camber, so if she kept going she woulda' flopped.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
CHRINTHEDESTROYER said:
That girl has some serious Juevos...Er....Whatever

Yes she does....not too many people, much less females would take their New $30,000 FJ out and thrash on it like she does. Hence my quote in her sig:

"Originally Posted by bradleyem
rockin' it Una style....a beautiful new rig, no sliders, and getting WAY friendly with the rocks & trees."

At least she has sliders and a sweet bumper now, but on that same trip she attempted lower waterfall which threw her passenger side fender into the bank. She definately doesn't have a problem pushing it offroad and has some serious skills. Here is a pic right before she got in the rut that pulled her into the bank:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
bradleyem
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing