TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
That's CGguava, was covered on CRAWL a few issues back, you can PM him.

by the way, for size comparission/scale purposes... I'm running the 37x12.5 mtr-k's on my 85.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
If you can't find anyone else to run it with you, I will. Also check into the penrose trail system (liberty, freedom, patriot).
Thanks Doug. Definately will. May change our trip plans a bit. I wanna get it all in in 10-12 days.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
That's how it's done. :cool: Dunno why we were way the hell up on the wall with the driver's tires after watching that video.
So the trick is to go high left and hope you dont slide into the rock on the left? :eek:

I'v seen vids of peeps strattling it but they might have been wider, also seen peeps falling in and crushing the A pillar area......:(

Where are you pics and vids John? I think I've been pretty patient waiting for them...... :p

·
7,735 Posts
there's a few lines to take thru there. I don't have the cage to slide along the rock taking the right line like Shawn. Besides, I'm a bit taller and don't think I could clear that angle.

I feared taking the high left line and taking out my a-pillar since I drive to/from trail and really need my glass.

I'd like to run this a few more times and figure out better lines thru the v-notch and squeeze for my truck. But it's kind of hard to find people to run with that I wouldn't slow down.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So the trick is to go high left and hope you dont slide into the rock on the left? :eek:
...and hope you don't flop over on your passenger side from going that high. At least the flop on the passenger side is soft, but slipping off and falling in on the driver's side will hit HARD. I got some new wrinkles from that one. :shiner:

I'v seen vids of peeps strattling it but they might have been wider, also seen peeps falling in and crushing the A pillar area......:(
Hence the name "Carnage Canyon" :missingto

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
there's a few lines to take thru there. I don't have the cage to slide along the rock taking the right line like Shawn. Besides, I'm a bit taller and don't think I could clear that angle.

I feared taking the high left line and taking out my a-pillar since I drive to/from trail and really need my glass.

I'd like to run this a few more times and figure out better lines thru the v-notch and squeeze for my truck. But it's kind of hard to find people to run with that I wouldn't slow down.
I'll run it with you again Doug...and that might be sooner than you think ;)

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
...and hope you don't flop over on your passenger side from going that high. At least the flop on the passenger side is soft, but slipping off and falling in on the driver's side will hit HARD. I got some new wrinkles from that one. :shiner:

Hence the name "Carnage Canyon" :missingto
OK, I'm a tard and worded that wrong..... I meant high right and hope you dont slide into the rock on the drivers side....

I still wanna do it tho.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

Where are you pics and vids John? I think I've been pretty patient waiting for them...... :p
Sorry Sy, working 7 days 14 to 16-hour days. No time for videos at the moment. Hang tight.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
How many sheep did you miss, did you include all the goats?

It took 2 years in the making, 2 quarts of gear oil, 2 SPAL fans, 3 late nights on the trail, 1 EPIC recovery, and 4 new trailer tires but I finally did it. :clap: I wheeled the most scenic trail in Ouray, got to Telluride, visited 3 breweries, wheeled Holy Cross, made it through Carnage unassisted, got out of the heat for 2 weeks, finally hiked Pike’s Peak to Barr Camp, hiked in a new area in Santa Fe, and got to see some friends I haven’t seen in a while. :kewl: Not exactly as planed, but still a great trip nonetheless. :thumbs: Can’t wait to go back and hit the stuff I missed. :driving:

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
How many sheep did you miss, did you include all the goats?
Remember how worked up Opp and Yunny got on trips where they spotted sheep? :p

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Better late than never I suppose... Here is a vid with some pics from early in the trip from last year and some video footage from the lower to middle portion of 21 Road. Once it got technical and started raining when we got to the upper portion of the trail my videographer stayed in the truck. ;)

http://youtu.be/9OjeI1SIj2Y

There's more footage to go through... mostly from Holy Cross and Carnage.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Soooo much footage of me spinning 1 front tire and not going anywhere. Time to throw a locker up front so I can join the "I break a CV on every trail I run" club :)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Soooo much footage of me spinning 1 front tire and not going anywhere. Time to throw a locker up front so I can join the "I break a CV on every trail I run" club :)

Yeah, I noticed that too. Been telling you that for a while, even in one of the vids from 21 rd you can hear me telling you to get a front locker already. :D But you keep wheeling it and having fun taking it out like it is, so why not put the cash into your '82 build? You even going to finish that little truck?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts