TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 99 tacoma that is missing two front tow hooks.
Not sure which generic brands will fit, so id rather just get some OE ones.
The bolt holes measure abot 1 1/2 in. center to center.
Willing to pay $15 or so.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've got the stock hook - the shipping hooks (for chain tie down) aren't included... if you want it, i can probably get a pic and it's yours for $5 plus shipping... but that doesn't include the two chain tie downs

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a deal, I don't need to see a pic as long as it's not messed up. I would figure about $5 for shipping.I dont need the chain tie downs. If you have paypal i can send the payment in a few days, and if you have the bolts for that I would like those to.
-Let me know if that sounds good.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I should have the bolts you need... I'm just making sure you're aware of what I have... I have ONE hook, for the passenger side of the front. It came off of a 98, but I am almost positive that it should fit yours as well. If you're still interested let me know and I'll pack it up and we'll get rollin!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
These tow hooks are what I'm running. They're larger, and far sturdier that the stockers. They line up perfectly but the bolts that come with them are not the right size, so you'd just need to go to Ace and pick up a couple of 12mm x 1.25 pitch bolts.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=exp-th6bc

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wondered if those fit, i just didnt want to buy em and be wrong. I guess im gonna have to buy some off ebay now. Thanks alot for that information. Sorry guys, i guess your tow hooks will have to sit useless for another day. Thanks for the help thougj.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
SAR_Squid79 said:
These tow hooks are what I'm running. They're larger, and far sturdier that the stockers. They line up perfectly but the bolts that come with them are not the right size, so you'd just need to go to Ace and pick up a couple of 12mm x 1.25 pitch bolts.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=exp-th6bc

Harbor Freight sells the same hooks, just generic instead of ProComp. That is what I have on my truck. They are rated the same as the ProComps and I only paid $9.99 for the pair. Of course, have to add the $14 or so for the metric bolts from Lowes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts