TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey quick question, I pulled my roomates monte carlo out of about a foot of snow today. The tow was probably 100+ yards or so. His car isnt a real nice old monte carlo or a new one, its kindof a mid-model idk. Anyway, He had no tow points in the front, and towing backwards was not an option so I hooked to his frame on both sides plenty far from the suspention or anything else moving for that matter. When we was out and driving home he said that his car was shaking over 50 mph. Could this be that I just threw his car out of allignment? Im hoping so and that its not something worse, the snow was deep as hell. Oh, and he was in neutral durring the tow. Any thoughts?

He was talking shit on my toy anyway so f*ck him... but seriously what do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Stop taking his calls and send him a $250 tow bill?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Jwitc075 said:
haha i know right, i live with him though, but seriously what do you think?
Slash his tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
well if he was that deep and you dragged him through alot of it, he could have his wheels packed with snow throwing tires out of balance? that of the tug messed somehting up, either way not your problem. tell him to not get stuck next time or call a tow truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, thanks. Yea i tried to be smooth, so it wasnt jerking around at all, the snow explanation makes alot of sense. Idk, your right, it wasnt my problem, and I told him i dont like doing that without recovery points but, he just had to go home. Were at college and hes such a pussy he has to go home every weekend. Aight, thanks to all who answered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Could have happened when he went in...or like Texan1983 said...the snow packed in the wheels is throwing off the balance or he would have felt it at slower speeds. Tell him to take it to a spray wash and like YOU said...f*ck him...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
A Guy went off the road in a Blazer last week and almost took out my mail box, his Buddy showed up in a Ranger and they Jerry Rigged a Chain onto the rear bumper and it turned the Blazers bumper into a pretzel by the time he pulled him out, I would hate to hear him bitching at his Buddy for his mangled Bumper!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
Shakerhood said:
A Guy went off the road in a Blazer last week and almost took out my mail box, his Buddy showed up in a Ranger and they Jerry Rigged a Chain onto the rear bumper and it turned the Blazers bumper into a pretzel by the time he pulled him out, I would hate to hear him bitching at his Buddy for his mangled Bumper!
I have another good one. I was at the gas station on night after attending a late movie with the wife. It was close to 1:00am and I was getting a redbull to make the trip home. When I come out, my wife told me that this guy asked if we would give him a push because his car was dead. (wanted a good push to pop the clutch) She said he was drunk, and was afraid a cop would show up. (I hate drunk drivers). So I walked over there and acted really nice and said I would push him. He was in a rice burner style car with the fin and shit on the back. I was in my F350 Diesel with a Ranch Hand steel bumper on it (tow rig for my old 85). I got about one inch from him and yelled to let me know when. He said go, and I hit it. Busted out all his lights in the back, bent his trunk lid, and compressed his fin into a more upward direction. My wife started cracking up, and I figured he would get pissed. Then, HE TOLD ME TO DO IT AGAIN! I did, but I never would push anymore than a couple of feet, and my wife had called the cops during the process. They took him to jail, I jacked up his rice burner, and that was a good day. If this guy did not get mad for "helping" him, I dont see why anyone else would.
 

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
Joined
·
12,206 Posts
jhunter said:
I have another good one. I was at the gas station on night after attending a late movie with the wife. It was close to 1:00am and I was getting a redbull to make the trip home. When I come out, my wife told me that this guy asked if we would give him a push because his car was dead. (wanted a good push to pop the clutch) She said he was drunk, and was afraid a cop would show up. (I hate drunk drivers). So I walked over there and acted really nice and said I would push him. He was in a rice burner style car with the fin and shit on the back. I was in my F350 Diesel with a Ranch Hand steel bumper on it (tow rig for my old 85). I got about one inch from him and yelled to let me know when. He said go, and I hit it. Busted out all his lights in the back, bent his trunk lid, and compressed his fin into a more upward direction. My wife started cracking up, and I figured he would get pissed. Then, HE TOLD ME TO DO IT AGAIN! I did, but I never would push anymore than a couple of feet, and my wife had called the cops during the process. They took him to jail, I jacked up his rice burner, and that was a good day. If this guy did not get mad for "helping" him, I dont see why anyone else would.
GOOD SHIT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
NorcalPR said:
GOOD SHIT
Would have been so much better had I had my digital camera back then. The dude acually thanked me for the help while being hauled off into the cop car! I fucked your car up with no intetion to get you moving, my wife called the cops on your dumb ass, and you have failed to pick any of this up?
 

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
Joined
·
12,206 Posts
jhunter said:
Would have been so much better had I had my digital camera back then. The dude acually thanked me for the help while being hauled off into the cop car! I fucked your car up with no intetion to get you moving, my wife called the cops on your dumb ass, and you have failed to pick any of this up?
Man, he musta been really fucked up

Thats awesome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
which is why whenever I'm towing someone out of a snow bank I never attach anything to their vehicle, I let them do it. This way if something pulls off their vehicle or it gets damaged its not my fault.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
yea thats a great theory too... untill that point you let them attach to fails and sends your cable and hook into the grill... (happend to my old ford) now i walk up, tell them what i think about it, tell them there will probably be damage (that usually makes them change there mind) and either give them a ride or pull them out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
jhunter said:
I have another good one. I was at the gas station on night after attending a late movie with the wife. It was close to 1:00am and I was getting a redbull to make the trip home. When I come out, my wife told me that this guy asked if we would give him a push because his car was dead. (wanted a good push to pop the clutch) She said he was drunk, and was afraid a cop would show up. (I hate drunk drivers). So I walked over there and acted really nice and said I would push him. He was in a rice burner style car with the fin and shit on the back. I was in my F350 Diesel with a Ranch Hand steel bumper on it (tow rig for my old 85). I got about one inch from him and yelled to let me know when. He said go, and I hit it. Busted out all his lights in the back, bent his trunk lid, and compressed his fin into a more upward direction. My wife started cracking up, and I figured he would get pissed. Then, HE TOLD ME TO DO IT AGAIN! I did, but I never would push anymore than a couple of feet, and my wife had called the cops during the process. They took him to jail, I jacked up his rice burner, and that was a good day. If this guy did not get mad for "helping" him, I dont see why anyone else would.
Thats Awesome!!!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top