TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone can help me. I understand that Toyota does not reccomend towing their trucks or SUV's. Does anyone know why? Is there a way to tow them without damaging them? I'm looking to tow a manual FJ.

Coyote

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'd talk to the dealership about how you want to use it. I belive if you tow it and cause damage you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Maybe someone can help me. I understand that Toyota does not reccomend towing their trucks or SUV's. Does anyone know why? Is there a way to tow them without damaging them? I'm looking to tow a manual FJ.

Coyote
Here is a thread about towing rigs:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65956
Hope this helps? Good luck.
Also FYI the FSM say "Do not tow the Tacoma" as a second vehicle.

·
Registered
925 Posts
sorry for the rant. but beware, there is a ridiculous amount of misinformation spread on this forum about dinghy towing.

i can head off the typical responses:

1) get a trailer (nevermind most rv's have a tow max of 5k lbs);
2) never flat tow (nevermind that literally thousands of rv'ers are flat towing millions of miles each year);
3) you have to disconnect the driveshaft no matter what (nevermind that rv'ers typically have to tow/drive/tow/drive, many times per day).

i would consult with someone who knew what they were talking about, such as marlin, remco, or even rv.net, rather than relying on the knowledge of this forum. sorry, ttora folks may know a lot about other things, but they certaintly don't know jack about dinghy towing.

ok, rant off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.