TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of right now my tacoma has no place me me to hook up tow straps to when i eventually get stuck and will need to be pulled out..no tow package was included..my blazer i had, had nice tow hooks built into the front bumper but for some reason a 4x4 truck dosent? so can those be put in somewhere in the front so i have some tow points or would i just have to get like a ARB bull bar or tjm bumper? and for the back where would be a good place to get the stuff to put a reciever in?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
the front should have tow hooks, if not they're pretty cheap. best for the back would be a tow hitch or a bumper w/ tow points

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
Mine came with only 1 tow hook in the front. It should be a small hook on the passanger side on the bottom of the frame. If you want to add the chevy ones I remember seeing a write up. I think it was in the NE board but I cant seem to find it anymore.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YoTRacer158 said:
the front should have tow hooks, if not they're pretty cheap. best for the back would be a tow hitch or a bumper w/ tow points
where would be the cheapest place to get tow hooks and tow hitch package?

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
That was one of my writeups. PM me with your Email and I'll sent it to you if you want it. Maybe just the pics but that is really all you need to do it. It will vary as to model year somewhat due to changes in the front bumper valence variaiations. The write up I did was for the early models but it would be much the same for any model. As I recall there is a pic with a tape measure so you could do a littlp preplanning

1 - 5 of 5 Posts