TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of yall think it would be to hard on a 2nd gen V6 tacoma to tow a 1st gen 4runner. I have a tranny cooler but it will be right at the max weight if not over a little with a trailer. I would be towing it to hot springs every now and then.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I'd probably do it occasionally as long as you have trailer brakes. It'll be hard on the truck and not the ideal setup, but you're not going to kill anyone pulling it. If you're wanting to pull it around once a month, I'd look into upgrading to a real truck before you wear the tacoma out..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Supercharger??? Maybe... idk, I wouldn't think you would have problems with the transmission, just being underpowered. And I guess the suspension would be the another factor I think for pulling that much weight. I used to have a sail boat I would pull almost every weekend about 40 miles (to lake and back) and it sagged a lot till I did the rear TSB and even then it was barely level. I have a 2010 V6 with the tow package which can pull 6500 lbs.

I dont know if that helps at all but I have pulled a lot of stuff, nothing super heavy though. Probably the heaviest was a friends Chevy 2500 Diesel that had a 30 ft trailer attached to it, granted I only pulled it about 100 ft to get it out of the road...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys. I get to throw that option out now, i beat my DWI so no i can aford to build my tacoma again:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts