TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got some 32x11.50 bfg m/t's on my 95 4runner. I'm gonnna start towing an 18ft boat again because its starting to warm up, but my question is, will these m/t's wear down faster than normal road tires when towing? i might do a key's trip and it will be around 1000 miles of towing about 2300 Ib there and back. should i throw on my road tires when i make that trip?

·
Registered
18 Posts
m/t's will wear down faster than road tires period. i have cooper discoverer stt's 265/75r16's on my 02 and do a good amount of road driving and they wear alot faster then say all terrains or regular road tires.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
I dunno what you are talking about with the Coopers, mine have only lost about 2/32's of thread in 10,000 miles...

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
It is always better to run a/t's on pavement than it is M/T's If you have the luxury of doing so, I would do it.

Hell I used to have two sets of tires whe I was IFS, for that very reason. Pavement, run your A/t's in the long run you will be saving money, both on the rubber and the petro!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, well amazingly my gas mileage hasn't changed on the highway. just the city. which kills it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts