TTORA Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck with your swap... I have zero regrets with the yota axle and I'm sure you will feel the same way when it's all said and done!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So I bought an IFS rear axle housing and soem rebuild parts to house my rear e-locker diff, which will narrow up my overall WMS to WMS, but match the front toy axle with IFS hubs nicely. No need for spacers to match the rear axle width. I have built the front differential, but not really any progress has been made since then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I bought an IFS rear axle housing and soem rebuild parts to house my rear e-locker diff, which will narrow up my overall WMS to WMS, but match the front toy axle with IFS hubs nicely. No need for spacers to match the rear axle width. I have built the front differential, but not really any progress has been made since then.
Don't use an ifs housing no sense in making it skinnier. Also I wouldn't use a factory toy housing on a sas. They are way to narrow, leafs might be of but with links you will more than likely have to clearance the frame to make the coil overs fit. Then again if you link it just cut the front rails off and build new rails. Look into ruffstuff or some of the other company's that manufacture toy housings, with the exception of trail gear.

alove0750 is a buddy of mine and he still wishes he went with either a custom housing or 80 axles. Heres a link to his build which might help. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-builds/215854-4x4-wanna-part-2-sas-toyota-axle-3link.html

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I'm going back and forth still on the IFS rear housing, I may give it to my dad for his truck. I'd rather rebuild the rear and toss it in. :D

I have started to build the front end, I'm finding a few parts I don't need and a few that i'm missing. I'm going to buy a set of taco rotors even though I have some on my truck currently. That way I can clearance the rotors for the wheel hubs without disturbing my truck in it's current state...which is running...:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Very slow progress as of late. But I installed new lug studs and started to assemble the wheel hubs. Bearing races pressed in. Need grease now!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Plans have changed, anything in the list at the start of the thread is for sale, along with the truck.

PM me for details and pics of parts. I will let you know current asking price of the parts at that time.

Also the Truck is for sale. :D

41 - 47 of 47 Posts