TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Glad I finally found a home. I am a Video Production professional from Phoenix, AZ. I've had a 94' 4-runner, 07 FJ until an accident totaled it a month ago, not my fault. Now a month into my 2017 Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4 club-cab with the 6.5 bed, 17in rims. I am kinda jealous over the TRD and Pro models so my questions will be how to make my Taco meaner with the offroad, pro look.

First up, a lift (kit vs leveling) tires I want bigger ones with no rub. Dont do a whole lot of offloading but that could change. I've never had anything lifted. Any forum posts you can send my way is greatly appreciated.
Looks like I'm in with good company and look forward to using the site. J5

·
Administrator
18,243 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

Lots of options on lift kits. Spacer lifts or leveling kits are cheap, but are not recommended if you plan to do a lot of offroading. They push down the strut which changes your suspension travel and could lead to blown CV axles or ball joints. A kit would be preferred. You have lower cost options like the Bilstein adjustable coilovers. Great option for the money. If you plan to do any serious off-roading, a race model coilover kit is the best option and obviously the most expensive. Blocks or AAL in the rear as needed depending on your preference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information and time to reply.
I plan on doing moderate off-roading, Northern AZ snow in winter or mild to moderate terrain when I have drumming gigs in Crown King, AZ where the roads get rough. I won't be going every weekend, just want it when I need it. 75% street queen 25% offroad. Is leveling still an option? Sounds like pay some extra and do anything. The suspension and ball joint going out seems if they do, more money to fix,
I'll look at a Bilstein adjustable coilovers. Seen some for 1k.

Here's what I was quoted for a leveling kit, seems pretty steep. Now after talking to you, I'll ask around for the full kit.

John,
$2,180.36 out the door for a 2.75" strut front, 1" rear block, and rear shocks and new upper control arms, labor, alignment and tax.
You can run a 285/70R17 if you do a body mount chop($255), otherwise, you can run a 275/70R17 without rubbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts