TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running these yet?? They look killer! And cheap! I'm about 95% sold on these as long as they don't get crappy reviews.

pics:

HTML:
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83054

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hi Sooner,
Just got a set yesterday.
Well lets get an update....I am in need of new tires before the winter snow hits and i am seriously thinking about getting these. What size did you get, how do they ride, are they loud like a mud terrain?

·
Registered
252 Posts
My last set of Toyo tires were worn down in under 2 years. Waste of money. That was only my experience though and I had the original Open Country A/Ts too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well lets get an update....I am in need of new tires before the winter snow hits and i am seriously thinking about getting these. What size did you get, how do they ride, are they loud like a mud terrain?
Pics are uploading
I had a set of wild country Xt something they were aggressive for a on / off road tire . They did not wine i was happy and wanted to get the same results again . So the guy at les schwab said these just came in . These tires preform great on the highway at all speeds upto 85 ..hav't gone past that. grooves in the road didn't affect them much but I also need an alignment this coming Sat.. cornering in the rain was nice and smooth as I did not find slipping point, Also to point out that I like a moderate to stiff sidewall so this fit the bill.Big and small road pots and bumps were deadened considerably over the last set I had. I work around mud and get into the snow .I live in the Pacific Northwest so I could see these working gal well in the Highway rain
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8156165776/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8156162479/in/photostream

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry Tacoma818,
The size I got was 31/1050R/6 109s open country AT II All position OW with Siping. And they are Quieter that the other tires.

·
Registered
715 Posts
My last set of Toyo tires were worn down in under 2 years. Waste of money. That was only my experience though and I had the original Open Country A/Ts too.
hmm thats not good, what does their 65000 mile warrenty include, also what tires did you switch too after those

·
Registered
330 Posts
The New Toyo AT II's are a excellent tire. The original AT's were great, now they are better. Still come with a 50K mile warrenty. I had a set of the OG one's on ym F-150 and lasted well over 50K. They lowered the price a bit on them as well. 100% best bang for your buck All Terrain.

Also, you cant set a year limit in tires, it's miles. You can drive a ton in 2 years. And driving style. In my opinion, 2 years on any set of tires though is pretty darn good.

BTW, we have them!

·
Registered
715 Posts
The New Toyo AT II's are a excellent tire. The original AT's were great, now they are better. Still come with a 50K mile warrenty. I had a set of the OG one's on ym F-150 and lasted well over 50K. They lowered the price a bit on them as well. 100% best bang for your buck All Terrain.

Also, you cant set a year limit in tires, it's miles. You can drive a ton in 2 years. And driving style. In my opinion, 2 years on any set of tires though is pretty darn good.

BTW, we have them!
What does their 50000 mile warrenty mean, that im guarenteed 50000 miles out of them?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Pretty much. Under normal use. It does not cover any road hazards like nails and what not. Or if you never rotate or align your vehicle causing abnormal wear.

All the info is on toyo's website.

Out of all the tires we sell, we rate toyo's at #1 for on/offroad use.

·
Registered
316 Posts
gonna buy a set tomorrow as well. decided on them a few weeks back. just cant decide on the P or LT. its mostly highway but i do get out and hunt in the back country. dont want poor handling compared to lts which ive always had but really want a smoother ride cause the truck is on the road mostly.

·
7,735 Posts
Pretty much. Under normal use. It does not cover any road hazards like nails and what not. Or if you never rotate or align your vehicle causing abnormal wear.

All the info is on toyo's website.

Out of all the tires we sell, we rate toyo's at #1 for on/offroad use.
how would you rate these against the yokohama geolander AT's?

·
Registered
330 Posts
gonna buy a set tomorrow as well. decided on them a few weeks back. just cant decide on the P or LT. its mostly highway but i do get out and hunt in the back country. dont want poor handling compared to lts which ive always had but really want a smoother ride cause the truck is on the road mostly.
Do you do any towing at all? IF so, stick with the LT's.

how would you rate these against the yokohama geolander AT's?
The Geolander is a good tire, i would rate those pretty well. We have a had a few Tundra guys go with those. I would still go Toyo over the Geo's, but i would not say no to the Geo's if they were a good deal. You would be happy with both. The Toyo tread is a better design IMO. I used them in sand/mud/snow and never once got stuck or slid out. I dont have any personal exp. with the Geo's. I will say they were my 2nd choice if the toyo's were out of stock.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm on geolandars now and have no complaints. Great tire. The toyo looks a little more aggressive, which I like, wider grooves looks like they might clean a little better in mud and snow.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I too ran some old school toyo A/T's, 305/70/R16's. great wet weather and street, didnt get to used them off-road tho. however those and nitto's are great choices, i stay away from BFG's because their wet weather traction is a joke and road ice is bad as well (not that many tires would be good on black ice). I would be interested in some of these next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts