TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got upper and lower ball joints replaced and lower control arms and alignment, so looking at getting new tires soon. Last 2 sets were BFG Mud Terrain KM2 in 33 x 10.5 x 15. Performed well and never had a flat but would like to try another tire. Considering the Toyo Open Country M/T. I see that they weigh 64 lbs, looks like Toyo is maybe 12 pounds heavier. Living in Northern New Mexico now so don't really need a mud tire unless it rains. You guys think the extra weight of the tires would be noticeable driving? Truck is 1995.5 Tacoma with 2.7 and 4:88 gears. Truck is already kinda heavy with front and rear bumpers, winch, dual battery, Baja Rack, Tool box...Also considering the BFG All Terrain KO2.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changing the size is more of an issue than weight, but weight certainly means slower acceleration since the engine has to work harder to get the tires spinning.
Thanks Showstop. I see we have same model Trucks, gearing, and rim size. What tires have you run in the past and any favorite?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I guess you must have gone to 16" rims? There doesn't seem to be many choices in a 15" anymore. What are yours rated, E? and what do they weigh?

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replys! I'm just trying to figure out what I want next in a tire. I could buy new rims and sell my old ones and get 16's But the metrics seem to be a lot of E rated which might ride rough with our trucks.

Don't think I can run 33x12.5x15's, not sure if I want or need to go there. Are you running 33x12.5x15?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have to do any additional trimming for the 12.5 's to fit? I pounded the pinchweld for my 33x10.5x33's. I have a 1" body lift and a 2.5 inch suspension lift.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the feedback! I think I'll stick with my 33x10.5x15's for now, maybe try BFG All Terrains.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts