TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have two sets. Toyo Open Country AT 275/70R16 for winter on stock wheels and they perform very well for now. And for summer time +off road time 285/75R16 BFG AT

Toyo is less expensive, less noisy. They seems to be though and perform well in light offroad (sidewall 2-ply besides 3-ply for BFG)

Hope it helps

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
The Toyos are great tires. I ran just shy of the 50K advertised. The only and I mean only detractor I would give them is they get noiser the more they wear.

I didn't put another set on the truck though. I went with the Nokiian Vativa's. They are made by Cooper for Nokiian using their Finnish design. I just drove through the big snow storm that hit the front range of the Rockies and into Indiana (think 20+" of snow) and had no, and I mean no problem getting around. Yes, the roads were plowed so I didn't drive through the 20" of snow, but I did get through all that was left including a closed interstate highway!

If you do a majority of highway driving with some off-roading, they Toyo's are good tires.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Where did you get your Nokian Vatiiva's? My g-friend's dad has them on his Tahoe and they really looked like decent tires. I LOVE all the sipes on them. They just look like they would grab anything with all those sipes. Also, how much did yours cost? Get a good deal?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
toyo makes a great product. I see many people who run toyos and they are all very happy. Also, i work with these tires every day and it seems toyo tires take the least amount of weight to balance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts