TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I try to do as much of my own truck work as possible, but I frequently come to a roadblock when I don't have a certain torque value, spec or fluid capacity.

I've been to the Toyota Dealer and they want $HUNDREDS$ for their Service Manuals. On the other end of things, there has yet to be a manual like Chiltons or Haynes printed for the Double Cab trucks. I seem to remember somebody posting about going to a Toyota Tech website and downloading the service manual in .PDF???

Is this true? Anybody got the address?

Thanks, :welder:

Beave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SU-WEET!!!!! Thanks guys!

Beave

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 2002 copy that is a little more put together than that one, it's pages are all combined into their specific sections, instead of opening each individual group of pages you just open one and scroll through....makes more sence. I worked for a while to get it done like that and woudl be more than happy to share with everyone, i just don't know how to get it to you guys...if anyone wants to help me out just PM me or something.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure somebody could offer some file-sharing space. That would be cool to have the '02 version. Thanks for offering your info (and time spent on it) up to others!

Beave

·
Registered
121 Posts
not a problem. One day i plan on figuring out a little more about it and printing the whole thing out for myself...wouldn't be very hard to do right now but i figure if i make it into one file altogether then i could either go to kinkos or something like (print at work) that and get it done in one shot. Just need to figure out the exact order of the different sections i.e. suspension, tranny, engine...that's the only thing i have left to do then it's completed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bump

Someone has to have a little webspace to spare. I really hate to keep this to myself, if anyone wants a copy PM, or IM me or e-mail me and we'll figure out a way to get it to you, i know what a pain it is to just download everything from the TIS website and even more what a pain it is to organize it and consolidate everything like i have done so please if you want a copy get in touch with me and it's yours. I just obtained all the files for the 2003 tacos so maybe i'll put all that together too if enough people are interested.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe we could set up a PC-to-PC file transfer?? Only problem is I don't know how!! Doh!!! I'm sure somebody can chime in on this topic with either temporary webspace or FTP info. Would we need a "middle-man" on the internet, or could we directly link and transfer files??
By the way Afcajun, how megabytes is that manual in it's entirety?
Another option I guess would be to download any of the popular file-sharing freeware programs out there (WINMX for example) and then upload the file to that site, post the info about the upload on this forum, and have everyone who wants it download it directly from the file-sharing server.

Any other ideas out there?

Beave

·
Registered
121 Posts
if you have either yahoo messanger or AIM i can send it to you pretty easy. The FSM and Wiring manuals are 42.8M I also have the owners manual done because my truck did not come with one, putting that with it would made it 5.75 M larger. If you have a high speed conection it should go pretty quick. I have been contacted by someone who said they can post on a website i'm jsut waiting on them to come back online, I'll be sure to let all of you know when it becomes available. My yahoo and aim contact info is in my info to the left of this post.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right on, thanks man!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bump, anyone?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quick Question

Does anyone have this same thing for a 2000 Taco or are the close enough to the same to use the same manual.

·
Registered
103 Posts
afcajun said:
Bump

Someone has to have a little webspace to spare. I really hate to keep this to myself, if anyone wants a copy PM, or IM me or e-mail me and we'll figure out a way to get it to you, i know what a pain it is to just download everything from the TIS website and even more what a pain it is to organize it and consolidate everything like i have done so please if you want a copy get in touch with me and it's yours. I just obtained all the files for the 2003 tacos so maybe i'll put all that together too if enough people are interested.
Just emailed you...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm at work right now i can't access my personal e-mail account from here cause it's blocked but as soon as i get home i'll check it. Again if anyone wants it you can reach me on AIM or Yahoo messanger, when i get back from work I'll be sure to check for messages and send to whoever wants it. It's too large for e-mail sorry. It should be posted on a website soon so as soon as that happens I'll let you guys know. If you guys are interested in these manuals that much I could possibly organise the other year modles like i did to this one. I would need a complete copy of the FSM from that year though. Let me know, we could start a library of Taco info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks guys for the links. When we get the new and expanded FAQ back online, I'll post these links.

Remember that these are copyrighted manuals and Toyota does provide this information online, although you have to purchase a subscriptions to access the materials, posting them anywhere on the 'net would most likely be construed as a violation of the copyright laws. That's why I can not post them as part of the FAQ!

Paul
TTORA FAQ Administrator

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well I purchased mine outright, got proof of that.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
afcajun said:
Well I purchased mine outright, got proof of that.
The link is below

"Please replace the file named Diagnostics with this one because this one has
bookmarks for easier location of sections. The old file should be under
Factory Service Manual in the file that I sent you...sorry about that but I
just noticed that some people might not realise that the first engine is the
4 bangers and you have to scroll down for the 6 cyl and the tranny etc. I
just wanted to make it a little easier."

www.ttora-md.com/Completed.zip
www.ttora-md.com/Diagnostics.pdf

I will leave this up for 1 to 2 weeks, so download it if you want. If anyone else wants to copy it to put it on another server, please do.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yea like the post said just replace Diagnostics with the one in the second link, you'll see y....I sent him the wrong one the first time around...sorry. Oh yea and make sure you extract everything, the FSM get's grouped by itself when you do and it seperates the extra files from it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for all of your work organizing the manual James! I know it must have taken forever to go through all those files.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts