TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a OEM Toyota factory CV boot kit. It was bought from Fred Haas Toyota about a month ago. It is still completely sealed in plastic. Inner and outer boot along with OEM Toyota grease in packs. I ended up replacing the entire cv shaft instead of just replacing the boots. I paid a little over $50 for this kit. I will sell it for $40. I live in the 290 and 1960 area (Cypress).

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
while we are on the subject, quick question. two greeses in kit, one light brown and the other black. which is for innner and outer? did it a long time ago so i don't remmeber.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
thanks!

both times i bought mine it cost ~45 for the kit of both inner and outer boots. i was told they are not sold seperate or maybe I just got screwed. yours should be the same, shouldn't it? you drive the red taco with all the stickers right? he should be back, to tell you anyways, he checks back every now and then.

laters!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They might have been that cheap back in the day, but I called Shannon and he quoted me around $43 + tax or so, but I was in a rush so I bought it over on my side of town (NW Houston) for about $53 with tax. Plus to drive to the other side of town where Shannon is at Champion Toyota, it would have cost me at least that extra $10 in gas. So I saved time and bought it over here. It is a boot kit with the inner and outer boot for ONE side. Or if you have a inner boot ripped on one side and the outer ripped on the other side, it would technically repair both sides... but it is meant to replace the boots for ONE side. Here is the part # : 04438-04021-

·
Banned
262 Posts
Okay NVM.... that price was $23.39 from trdparts4u as of yesterday.

May just want to return it if it's unused... double check your invoice also- list is only $33.84.

Good luck....
Why would Shannon quote him a price over list? :confused:

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Why would Shannon quote him a price over list? :confused:
It depends, if I don't like somebody they get quoted list. If I just absolutely can't stand them they get quoted full retail! You would get quoted uber-retail, which is retail plus 25%.:D

Seriously though, that part number he provided would have cost about $23 bucks if he purchased it through me...don't know where the $43 price came from...unless I was smokin some really good shit that day! :eek:

·
Banned
262 Posts
It depends, if I don't like somebody they get quoted list. If I just absolutely can't stand them they get quoted full retail! You would get quoted uber-retail, which is retail plus 25%.:D

Seriously though, that part number he provided would have cost about $23 bucks if he purchased it through me...don't know where the $43 price came from...unless I was smokin some really good shit that day! :eek:
Dude, I am going to have to submit your info to the bad seller's forum, can you tell me where that forum is?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I do not remember the exact quote you gave me, but there was only a $10 to $12 difference between what I paid and what you quoted me. Because I figured driving to the other side of Houston and back would cost me about the same in gas. For $25 cheaper... I would have drove across Houston. If it is being sold for approx. $25 (with tax) I will sell it for the same if someone close around 1960 & 290 area wants it... I have no use for it.

Shannon, do the dealerships keep records of transactions, because I only bought it about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I know I don't have the reciept but, they made me sign something and gave me a copy and kept their own copy... think they would let me return it since it is sealed in plastic still and was only 2 1/2 weeks ago?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Same, for me. I just bit the bullet and bought it instead of driving across town for a $12 save. For any more larger stuff I will be contacting Shannon like for all the stuff I need for the timing belt and pump.

if ya don't need it, return it. that's ur best bet. if you need a reciept, i think i still have mine. PM me.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
I do not remember the exact quote you gave me, but there was only a $10 to $12 difference between what I paid and what you quoted me. Because I figured driving to the other side of Houston and back would cost me about the same in gas. For $25 cheaper... I would have drove across Houston. If it is being sold for approx. $25 (with tax) I will sell it for the same if someone close around 1960 & 290 area wants it... I have no use for it.

Shannon, do the dealerships keep records of transactions, because I only bought it about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I know I don't have the reciept but, they made me sign something and gave me a copy and kept their own copy... think they would let me return it since it is sealed in plastic still and was only 2 1/2 weeks ago?
I can't speak for the dealership you purchased it from, but we would take it back without a receipt if it was purchased from us and still in the original packaging.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same, for me. I just bit the bullet and bought it instead of driving across town for a $12 save. For any more larger stuff I will be contacting Shannon like for all the stuff I need for the timing belt and pump.

if ya don't need it, return it. that's ur best bet. if you need a reciept, i think i still have mine. PM me.
Yeah, if I will save more then $15 by driving down to see Shannon, I will do it, but if it is less then that, @ $2.75 a gallon, the gas will make up the difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts