TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some body tell me why's my Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L keep misses fires between #1 and #4, I fixed #4 misses fires then it go to #1 and when I fixed #1 and it went back to number #4????? I replace almost every news to this truck.... I don't know what's else to do...…is like this truck has mind on it own....
news parts replacement
new coils
new sparkplugs
new fuel injectors
new sparkplug wires
new tps throttle sensor
new head
*ECU replace but question mark I might had bough a bad ecu…….
*compression test all good
*timing is good
*new battery

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,372 Posts
Does it misfire all the time or only under load?

Sounds like a possible air mix problem. Maybe your MAF is reading wrong or you have a leak in the intake that is messing with the ratio. Clean your MAF and check for air leaks. Check vacuum lines too.

Grounds are also a big issue that can make you chase random issues like this. Make sure your battery to engine main ground is good, the battery to frame ground and firewall to rear engine ground. Same for the injector grounds on the intake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Sounds like a possible air mix problem. Maybe your MAF is reading wrong or you have a leak in the intake that is messing with the ratio. Clean your MAF and check for air leaks. Check vacuum lines too.

Grounds are also a big issue that can make you chase random issues like this. Make sure your battery to engine main ground is good, the battery to frame ground and firewall to rear engine ground. Same for the injector grounds on the intake.
I

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yes, misses fires all the time, I check air leak and there’s no leak, new battery, I’ll double check the ground again but it seem like it has mind of it own. When you fixed #1 misses fire then it move to #4 when you fixed #4 then go back to #1. I didn’t want to quit because I put too much time and money to this already. 🤦🏻‍♂️🥵

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,372 Posts
Yes, misses fires all the time, I check air leak and there’s no leak, new battery, I’ll double check the ground again but it seem like it has mind of it own. When you fixed #1 misses fire then it move to #4 when you fixed #4 then go back to #1. I didn’t want to quit because I put too much time and money to this already. 🤦🏻‍♂️🥵
What do you fix that causes the misfire to jump cylinders?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts