TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota is now trying to blame the 05 Tacoma rear end on something else now. I was told that Toyota won't cover the ring gear because their regional field tech that looked at it today claims that I JUMPED the truck, which bent the axle, which in turn ripped 6 teeth off of the ring gear. They won't cover it. I admit that MY truck (an 04) has left the ground, but MY WIFE'S truck has NOT.
The dealership that won't do it is Toyota of Temecula Valley. They have been rude and fought me in the past for warranty work on both of our trucks, and I figured this was going to be a different story alltogether. The field Tech apparently said that they have NEVER heard of the bad ring gears, and to even TRY to get it fixed, I need to get invoices from others that have had the same thing happen.

So I am asking 2 things of you all in cyberworld. If this has happened to you, PM me if you have an invoice that says that it was under warranty, or if ANYONE has a number to someone besides the custome care line that I recieved, I would be VERY appreciative!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Toyota is now trying to blame the 05 Tacoma rear end on something else now. I was told that Toyota won't cover the ring gear because their regional field tech that looked at it today claims that I JUMPED the truck, which bent the axle, which in turn ripped 6 teeth off of the ring gear. They won't cover it. I admit that MY truck (an 04) has left the ground, but MY WIFE'S truck has NOT.
The dealership that won't do it is Toyota of Temecula Valley. They have been rude and fought me in the past for warranty work on both of our trucks, and I figured this was going to be a different story alltogether. The field Tech apparently said that they have NEVER heard of the bad ring gears, and to even TRY to get it fixed, I need to get invoices from others that have had the same thing happen.

So I am asking 2 things of you all in cyberworld. If this has happened to you, PM me if you have an invoice that says that it was under warranty, or if ANYONE has a number to someone besides the custome care line that I recieved, I would be VERY appreciative!
I will admit I didn't read the whole thread but the 'Sticky' at the top of this forum is dedicated to the rear end failures - I would check there for any info you may need. You will definitely meet some people with the same problem.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will admit I didn't read the whole thread but the 'Sticky' at the top of this forum is dedicated to the rear end failures - I would check there for any info you may need. You will definitely meet some people with the same problem.
Already went through that. Just wanted to get some more exposure. I have to pay for the vehicle to be at the dealership. Getting more eyes on it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Now how is jumping the truck going to fuck up a rearend like that. That sucks so you have to pay for a whole new rearend and labor?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Thats a bunch of bs. Thats th ekind of stuff that just rpis me. I would print out the entire sticky at the top of this page and take it too them. I think it is also covered on the Toyota Nation site. Anyway, good kuck with that. Glad I changed my rear end. Crap, I'm so mad I can't spell wright. Or maybe it's just because I'm on Jason's computer.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now how is jumping the truck going to fuck up a rearend like that. That sucks so you have to pay for a whole new rearend and labor?
They want me to pay for the gears, axle shaft, and hub bearing.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Chris, I just got off of the phone with the dealer, and they said that if I can get an invoice that says that the ring gear failed, I would have a chance.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Tell them they can want in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up the fastest. Also if the axle were ever bent it would still be bent.

In the interim I suggest that you get your shit off of their lot and inform them that you will have the repairs made elsewhere then pursue legal action for cost recovery.

My guess is that they are bluffing and just giving you the standard run around treatment. Oh that Toyota feeling. I'll bet you have it right now and right in the ass too.

I would also look that field rep dead square in the eye and tell him that he's a god damn bald faced liar right to his face. There has been enough of this shit going around that Toyota has said something to all of them by now. I'll bet there has been at least one inter-company memo about it sent to all of their reps along with a shit storm of paperwork back and forth between Toyota and the gear vendor over it.

The question I have is if they were dipshits to you before, why in the hell did you go back there to buy yet another truck? Haven't you ever heard of getting bitten and becoming twice as shy as a result? Some would say that you've made your own bed in that respect, Derwood.

I told all you fuckers that the late models were a POS and that Toyota was shitting the bed. Now do you believe me? They are going right down the same shit hole that Detroit did. The turd is circling the bowl as we speak.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tell them they can want in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up the fastest. Also if the axle were ever bent it would still be bent.

In the interim I suggest that you get your shit off of their lot and inform them that you will have the repairs made elsewhere then pursue legal action for cost recovery.

My guess is that they are bluffing and just giving you the standard run around treatment. Oh that Toyota feeling. I'll bet you have it right now and right in the ass too.

I would also look that field rep dead square in the eye and tell him that he's a god damn bald faced liar right to his face. There has been enough of this shit going around that Toyota has said something to all of them by now. I'll bet there has been at least one inter-company memo about it sent to all of their reps along with a shit storm of paperwork back and forth between Toyota and the gear vendor over it.

The problem is that I asked to talk to the inspector, and they said that they NEVER talk to customers. That is chicken shit in my opinion. They want me to prove that others have had it fixed for the same reason.

The question I have is if they were dipshits to you before, why in the hell did you go back there to buy yet another truck? Haven't you ever heard of getting bitten and becoming twice as shy as a result? Some would say that you've made your own bed in that respect, Derwood.

I didn't buy that truck from them. I have NEVER bought a truck from them. I take it there for warranty work only. Because it is about 4 minutes from the house

I told all you fuckers that the late models were a POS and that Toyota was shitting the bed. Now do you believe me? They are going right down the same shit hole that Detroit did. The turd is circling the bowl as we speak.
I kinda believe you now Dicky. So when this is fixed, we are trading it in..............for an FJ :D

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hey Darrin, I'll talk to my buddy later and see what I can get about the route that he took to get his alternator done under warranty, despite the fact his whole engine compartment was full of mud (including his intake filter). He somehow made it up to the corporate level, chewing ass on the way up, to tell them that if they're going to badge it as an "Off-Road" then people are going to take that litteraly and they need to fix it. They did. He's a little hard nose bastard like me when it comes to stuff like that. I know its not a ring gear, but its the right path. Also, I agree with Dick, tell them to show you your bent axle, right there on the spot. They are bullshitting you in a bad way and you need to let them know you wont take it. Mention a few key terms like "class action suit", "sopeana of records", "better business bueareu", and the likes.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Darrin, I'll talk to my buddy later and see what I can get about the route that he took to get his alternator done under warranty, despite the fact his whole engine compartment was full of mud (including his intake filter). He somehow made it up to the corporate level, chewing ass on the way up, to tell them that if they're going to badge it as an "Off-Road" then people are going to take that litteraly and they need to fix it. They did. He's a little hard nose bastard like me when it comes to stuff like that. I know its not a ring gear, but its the right path. Also, I agree with Dick, tell them to show you your bent axle, right there on the spot. They are bullshitting you in a bad way and you need to let them know you wont take it. Mention a few key terms like "class action suit", "sopeana of records", "better business bueareu", and the likes.
Thanks Joel. As far as the bent axle.....they did show me. The passenger side has a slight bend in it when they rotated the tire. That could have happened AFTER the gear stripped though, so it is the DSM inspectors word against mine right now.

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
im glad i gave up going to the dealership a long time ago, that does suck that they're giving you shit for that, theyve ripped me off quite a few times for stupid BS like that, ive never liked toyota service, the only good thing i got out of them was when one of the mechanics left a nice blingin' 12mm snap on wrench under my seat :dancing:

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Why should they fix shit you bought from someone else? I gotta side with the dealer on that one and would probably give you the run around a little myself.

Take your shit to the place you bought it from. They are the ones that made money on the sale so they should be the ones taking care of you. Then if you have a problem, you have a legitimate complaint.
Service is like anything else, you pay for what you get. If you pay for it and don't get it then and only then do you have a gripe.
When I worked for Cessna we had to deal with that shit between dealers all the time and to tell you the truth, I had a lot of sympathy for the dealers. Some dealers stepped up to the plate and made the investment to provide good after sales service support and some didn't. The good guys had to charge a little extra to cover the cost of stepping up to the plate and would often loose a sale to a dealer who didn't give a shit and would undercut the good guy as he had less to costs to cover.

The customer would then take his new airplane to the good guy for warranty work. Like here's the airplane that you didn't get to sell me, now fix it fuckstick. Why should the good dealer care about the asshole who was only price shopping when it was time to buy? I can tell you one thing, I'd at least put em at the very back of the line and would feel perfectly justified in doing so. I would but MY customers first, always.

Of course in any case the action of the Toyota rep is inexcusable. That is if they really talked to anyone at Toyota in the first place. So far it sounds like you only have their word on it and that doesn't sound like much to me. I'd be asking for some documentation on that. Signed and dated documentation for future use in court if needed.

I think you should also ask for a written and signed request for the proof that they insist that you provide that states very clearly what items of proof they require, exactly why and under what terms of the warranty they require it and exaclty who is requesting that proof. Do that in writing as well.

Once they get the idea that you are indeed establising a paper trail you may even begin to see a change in attitude. Remember, verbal bullshit is just that and is only worth the paper it's written on. Also remeber that once you have been refused and denied warranty coverage you can get it taken care of elsewhere and take cost recovery up in court later on but you should make damn sure you have a good solid paperwork trail to back up your claims in court. It sounds to me like you can get coverage in small claims since it's not that much money. Toyota would probably just pay rather than appear.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts