TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Toytec 3" on my 06 4dr trd sport 4wd. Lift included front spacers and Alcan AALs. I love the results except for two issues, slight drive line vibes and it's almost violent when you go over a speed bump with any kind of speed. My first guess on violent part would be because the shocks are now just about fully extended at ride height. Other than that it rides and drives great. No more hitting the bump stops when i have the truck loaded with gear.

Has anyone run into this problem? would a shim solve the vibes? Any input would be great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The violent part your speaking of is becouse of the rear stock shocks being fully extented, the AAL's do give you a stiffer ride, you may want to consider getting some longer rear shocks for the rear since it has been lifted up about 2" back there.. try www.wheelersoffroad.com or toytec has some on there website as well.. The driveline vibration is very common with the 3" lift.. I;ve had it since the day I installed the lift and have tried combinations of shims, carrier drops to correct the problem but nothing has worked thus far.. My driveline is as straight as can be, but still have the vibe.. try searching and you'll find lots of info on this.. also try at www.toyotanation.com formore info..

aloha

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Check out my posts regarding this issue. Lots of info there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts