TTORA Forum banner

Toytec coil-over?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  jamarquardt22 
#1 ·
has anybody used the toytec coilover?....i have a v6 d-cab TRD prerunner and i ddecided to not get a spacer lift and maybe get the toytec c/o or the toytec ome springs instead. I just want sometin that will last me a while but not be too expensive and i dont need some hardcore offroading lift

#3 ·
The Less Modified Taco said:
has anybody used the toytec coilover?....i have a v6 d-cab TRD prerunner and i ddecided to not get a spacer lift and maybe get the toytec c/o or the toytec ome springs instead. I just want sometin that will last me a while but not be too expensive and i dont need some hardcore offroading lift

Save your money!!! I don't think Toytec makes a coilover ,, they make a spacer for your stock coilover... save your money and buy some adjustable coilovers,, even if you have to get the cheaper ones for around 650.00 instead of 1K for your front...

Some one is probably going to say this in a harsher way, but this post belongs in the newbie tech and someone's gonna CRAWL up your arse in here..... good luck....J :(

#5 ·
toytec does make them, I saw them on the site, fairly new. I don't know about the long peice on the lower part of the coilover to where it bolts in to the lower a arm. That is a new design compared to the other companies, maybe someone who runs them will post up.

#7 · (Edited)
bulldog said:
Toytec coilovers come form Lightracing and is OEMed from Donahoe. Look carefully and you will see they look and in fact is just rebranded Donahoes. The 05+ Tacos use the extended piece at the bottom to clear the front driveshafts.
I dunno. I suppose if you flip it but still looks like there is quite a bit of difference.

#8 ·
I think I see Bilstien shocks!!! See the blue labels?? Those are new to me, been too busy, Last I knew they didn't have CO's, My bad! :)

#9 ·
Good greif guys, they are Bilstein shocks with Eibach coils. They are the same things as the All Pro coilovers except they have a different top piece and have a choice of spring rates.

#11 ·
bulldog said:
Toytec coilovers come form Lightracing and is OEMed from Donahoe. Look carefully and you will see they look and in fact is just rebranded Donahoes. The 05+ Tacos use the extended piece at the bottom to clear the front driveshafts.
Toytec sells the LightRacing COs but they have been making their own CO setup since the beginning of the summer. it's pictured above. i havent heard of anyone buying them.

#14 ·
7wt said:
Good greif guys, they are Bilstein shocks with Eibach coils. They are the same things as the All Pro coilovers except they have a different top piece and have a choice of spring rates.
I agree w/that. Allpro dose offer 2 srping rates. a 550# coil and a 650# coil Toytec claims to have 3 springs. I have the 550# allpros and like them since allpro dosent make anyof the parts. Hoes are generally concedered the best. however they werent the best for "My needs".

I would rather deal w/Toytec eventhough I never have they have a great rep.

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.