TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
took me about 4 hours for my aals (but the u bolts were seized), and after i had the coils assembled, 10 minutes a side on the front, all with hand tools and shitty jacks.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Give yourself a full day. Good idea to have a friend help. A 2nd vehicle can't hurt in case you have to run to hardware store.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yea you can always run into some problems so give yourself extra time and another hand. My center pins on my leaf springs were rusted so bad I couldnt get 'em off so I had to grind them off. You can never tell what will go wrong.

·
Registered
518 Posts
W/ the use of air tools and things going semi-smooth- the front will take you about 15-20 min a side- and the rear 30min/ side (Granted you know what your doing)....
When we did mine we used hand tools and I did a chevy swap in the rear and got it done in about 5 1/2 - 6 hours. G/L man and do ur research :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Compressing those darn front springs was a job in itself. Expect to spend a full day though. Probably take some heat to get your rear U-bolts off if you drive in winter road salt like I do. Make sure you have some new U-bolts as well. I took my front coilsprings to Midas and had a buddy put them in their fancy strut compressor to install the spacers, much safer to do it that way unless you feel confident in those cheesy compressors you can buy at Harbor Frieght.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bought some cheap coil compressers from advanced auto for $26 and I've installed 4 lifts with them with out a problem, and I even use a craftsman 500ftlb impact wrech to compress with. But I would say to set a good weekend aside for you and a buddy, and just start spraying everything with liquid wrench about a week ahead of time. The u-bolts can be a bitch, and make sure you disconnect the sway bar in the front when you put the coilovers back in, because if you dont its nearly impossible to get the bottom bolt through the coilover. Its always good to have some good distructive tools (angle grinder, cut-off tool, and a good 3lb sledge) when doing a lift

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
For the safe side, if you haven't used coil compressors, I wouldn't try it. If you don';t ahve HEAVY duty compressors (not the cheapie stuff that will bend) don't even bother...

Big-O Tires or any comparable shop will install the spacers if you bring them the coils and parts for about 20-40 bucks. Should take them about half a hour (if that!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts