TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

From now until Saturday July 6th Toytec will be having our summer sale! When you place your order online you will be able to save X% on all in stock items using the discount code below. Toytec is a proud sponsor of TTORA, and we thank you for your business!

Discount Code:
XXXXXX

Have a wonderful and safe Holiday!

-Jeff

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jeff, could you explain the diff between the following two kits? OME3-05 and TAC3-05. How would the kits affect the ride on bumpy backroads etc. I have a 2013 Tacoma TRD Access cab OffRoad 6speed 4x4. I would like a slight lift simply for looks. My Truck is a daily driver, with minimal off road farm type use, and I always keep them beyond 300,000miles. Which kit would you recommend? Would you recommend a front diff drop with either kit? Thanks, Dutchy

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I just now saw this! We always recommend a diff drop at 2.5" of lift or more to help with the angles of the cv axles. Both are going to stiffen up the ride a little. The TAC3-05 compresses the stock spring in the front to give you the lift. The OME3-05 is going to work a little bit better if you are planning on adding any additional weight to the vehicle. The springs have a higher spring rate than your stock coils and won't sag quite as much under load. If it were me I'd probably go with the OME3-05 so later on if you want to replace the shocks you could throw on some OME shocks as well and you'll already have the front springs. If you go with the spacer kit you'll need to replace springs and shocks when the time comes. Feel free to give me a call if you want to talk more in detail.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts