TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't know if any of you guys frequent toyotanation.com, but they have a group buy going with Toytec. I'm not dead certain what costs are, but supposedly they are amazing.

Hopefully it's cool if I link other sites, if so, here is the link for the thread there: http://toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203484

If you are interested in what it is, or getting in on it, there you go.

Anyone have them, have an opinion on them, have experience with them? I would assume that most suspension kits would be relatively similar, but either way, is there someone that would be able and willing to install it for me? For a price, of course.

I'm looking into going with new wheels and 33" tires, which obviously necessitates a lift, and from what I have read, a 3" lift will fill that need. I was looking at probably doing the Option 2 on this GB.

I have an 07 Tacoma AC TRD Off-Road, so I already have the "upgraded" suspension, but I have no quips with replacing that. I did the Potato/Rock Gap road with a friend the other day bone stock, and that was really fun, but afterwards, I could definitely see the need for a lift, sliders and maybe better skidplates. I felt the frame rails slightly rub a few times which first time scared me, after that I didn't care much because I was taking it easy.

Thanks for any and all help anyone can provide.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Well, I don't know if any of you guys frequent toyotanation.com, but they have a group buy going with Toytec. I'm not dead certain what costs are, but supposedly they are amazing.

Hopefully it's cool if I link other sites, if so, here is the link for the thread there: http://toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203484

If you are interested in what it is, or getting in on it, there you go.

Anyone have them, have an opinion on them, have experience with them? I would assume that most suspension kits would be relatively similar, but either way, is there someone that would be able and willing to install it for me? For a price, of course.

I'm looking into going with new wheels and 33" tires, which obviously necessitates a lift, and from what I have read, a 3" lift will fill that need. I was looking at probably doing the Option 2 on this GB.

I have an 07 Tacoma AC TRD Off-Road, so I already have the "upgraded" suspension, but I have no quips with replacing that. I did the Potato/Rock Gap road with a friend the other day bone stock, and that was really fun, but afterwards, I could definitely see the need for a lift, sliders and maybe better skid-plates. I felt the frame rails slightly rub a few times which first time scared me, after that I didn't care much because I was taking it easy.

Thanks for any and all help anyone can provide.

Toyotec is a good spacer lift, nothing more!! It's better than no lift, and it's certainly good for now. You can always upgrade to a DR kit or whatever else later on.:cool: :saw: :welder:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Jeff ran Toytec's for a while and seemed to have nothing but good to say about them. Deff one of the better for "spacer" type lifts.

Mike

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Jeff ran Toytec's for a while and seemed to have nothing but good to say about them. Deff one of the better for "spacer" type lifts.

Mike

Hey Mike, come out with us Sunday!!! Come on, you know you want to!!:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyotec is a good spacer lift, nothing more!! It's better than no lift, and it's certainly good for now. You can always upgrade to a DR kit or whatever else later on.:cool: :saw: :welder:
How much would a Donahoe kit cost with installation? I would much rather do something that I would end up with anyways. I did the stepping thing with my drifter, and upgrading from upgrades always proved to be frustrating especially when it involved things I couldn't do myself.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
How much would a Donahoe kit cost with installation? I would much rather do something that I would end up with anyways. I did the stepping thing with my drifter, and upgrading from upgrades always proved to be frustrating especially when it involved things I couldn't do myself.

I want to say around $2300.00 or so for parts. I guess it depends on if you get the Deaver 10 pack, or an add a leaf, I think that that's less. Install is I think like either 5 or 6 hours @ accessory rate ($65.00/hr). And it's warrantied. Let me know, I'll see if I can save you any additional $$$:saw: :welder:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to say around $2300.00 or so for parts. I guess it depends on if you get the Deaver 10 pack, or an add a leaf, I think that that's less. Install is I think like either 5 or 6 hours @ accessory rate ($65.00/hr). And it's warrantied. Let me know, I'll see if I can save you any additional $$$:saw: :welder:
So, at that price point, what exactly would I be walking away with? Are we talking, the mac daddy of suspensions, or a really good suspension that'll get by? I'm definitely interested, and thinking within a week or two.

I also am looking around for some sliders that would also be functional nerf bars for school and work parking lots chock full of people who go kamikaze while opening their doors. Any recommendations, or someone that can fab a solid set?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey Mike, come out with us Sunday!!! Come on, you know you want to!!:D
Sorry man, I'll be on the con this Sat, Sunday, Monday. Maybe sometime soon.

Hey Ender, Hoes are the best IFS setup that you can run, IMO. The only thing better for IFS is if you went full blow long travel. They have the valving and spring rates for our trucks dialed in! + I know the Donahoe guys and they have the best customer service you will ever deal with!

Mike

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you are looking for a good lift at a good price the OME spring lift from toytec is also a good kit the Donaho coilover is a good pice of equipment but is not as low maintanece as a spring and shock combo. You will also need Upper control armes as well if you want to get the alignment right i would look at the total chaos UCA'S

:xbeer3:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After reading even more about the differences, I'm definitely interested in doing a true suspension lift. $2300 isn't really that bad, all things considered. I was considering bagging my last truck (shaved dually I received in a work-trade) and that would've cost double after everything was said and done.

Do you guys have parts in stock at Findlay Toyota, or do I need to order it through you?

I am prepared to do it right away if you can.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
After reading even more about the differences, I'm definitely interested in doing a true suspension lift. $2300 isn't really that bad, all things considered. I was considering bagging my last truck (shaved dually I received in a work-trade) and that would've cost double after everything was said and done.

Do you guys have parts in stock at Findlay Toyota, or do I need to order it through you?

I am prepared to do it right away if you can.

We've got like $30k worth of parts on order from Donahoe right now, and awaiting for delivery anytime.

I'm getting a complete set up for someone else on the board right now, so hopefully, there's enough for two.

My desk # is 566-2569. Or, if you want my cell #, just PM me.

Peace,
Robert:xpimp: :xdevil:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sure would be cool if we could get a local groop buy and maybe an install day put together for a few of us 05-07 tacoma guys we all need the same parts UCA'S coil overs rear springs and shocks if we did 3-8 truck's over one or two day's we would know what we where doing by the first or second truck and maybe save some money. I would have mine and another kit sold if the price was right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts