Toytec of donahoe lift?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i am looking at lifting my 07 v6 trd off-road 4x4 taco, but i am unsure of what lift to go with. I am interested in the Donahoe lift as well at the Toytec but an mot sure witch one will work better. I dont do any rock claiming but would like to give it a try and i like going out to the desert. I don't plane on betting the crap out of my taco. Most of the time i am just cruising some trails and climbing so hills. Also how dose each lift ride? Any help would be grate.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have had them both, prefer the DR coilover set up, but it's a lot of cash. Search the forum and you will find tons of info regarding this post. Just put lift kit in the search bar. All of your questions have already been answered dozens of times in the forum. I have a toytec kit for sale if you are interested. I'm in SoCal. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been searching and reading since October and still am unsure. I almost got the dr lift when i got the truck but decided i would get it later. how is the ride between the 2 of them?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Taco_Man said:
Ok so i am looking at lifting my 07 v6 trd off-road 4x4 taco, but i am unsure of what lift to go with. I am interested in the Donahoe lift as well at the Toytec but an mot sure witch one will work better. I dont do any rock claiming but would like to give it a try and i like going out to the desert. I don't plane on betting the crap out of my taco. Most of the time i am just cruising some trails and climbing so hills. Also how dose each lift ride? Any help would be grate.
are you talking about the toytec spacer lift or that coilover they got out? im pretty sure most people on here would go with the Donahoe coilovers with the 7 or 8 leaf pack out back. I dont know anybody that has the toytec coilover but i know that a spacer lift is a piece of shit..trust me. My Dos centavos...and shit man take your time typing next time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can tell you that for myself that does weekend wheeling and only to get down to fishing locations, fully loaded with camping gear ect. IN deep beach sand.

I will run this setup DR Coilovers set 2", TC UCA's for two reasons,
Better alignment and get back 1 of the 2" i lifted on droop. ( better for
larger tires later on ).

For the rear
CS047R Dacar Leaf's
OMEU53A X 4 U-BOLTS
90389-A0003 X 8 BUSHINGS

Probably need longer brake lines and fix that bracket
for the brake sensor thing.

Front $1500 easy shipping included.
back $500 easy with shipping included.

I plan on doing the install myself, I have other transportation
while work is underway.

I need to get tax done to see if I can splurge now or wait till
I pay off SAM first.

-tmoore

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
hoes:D

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Well i see youre located in Temecula, desert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The spacer lifts dont do so well on whoops, i know a couple people that can give you first hand experiences. For ex. my friend who has the OME/Toytec spring lift just had one of his shocks seize (sp?) up right after MDR Race Barstow.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moving to Colorado next month so trail and rock.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I use the 3in spacer lift, but I don't do serious wheeling right now. The ride, for me anyways, is fine. But if you want to hit the trails alot, you'll want something that's not so stiff. Hoes would be great, from what I've been reading.

For the back, deavers flex great and OME dakars carry load great. I prefer dakars and will be buying those later on, but I have a camper shell. If you want flex and don't carry heavy loads, deavers seem to be the choice around here.

·
Registered
212 Posts
planohog said:
I can tell you that for myself that does weekend wheeling and only to get down to fishing locations, fully loaded with camping gear ect. IN deep beach sand.

I will run this setup DR Coilovers set 2", TC UCA's for two reasons,
Better alignment and get back 1 of the 2" i lifted on droop. ( better for
larger tires later on ).

For the rear
CS047R Dacar Leaf's
OMEU53A X 4 U-BOLTS
90389-A0003 X 8 BUSHINGS

Probably need longer brake lines and fix that bracket
for the brake sensor thing.

Front $1500 easy shipping included.
back $500 easy with shipping included.

I plan on doing the install myself, I have other transportation
while work is underway.

I need to get tax done to see if I can splurge now or wait till
I pay off SAM first.

-tmoore
If you are gonna leave the DR's set at preset settings with the Dakar leaf packs, your truck is going to be ass high by a little over 2 inches

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
If you dont go fast offroad Toytec. If you want to go fast and hit whoops Donahoe. Why limit what you can do?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By he way toytec coilovers not the spacers.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
You don't mention your budget, which I would go out on a limb and say is the big differentiator here. If you can drop $1200+ on your lift, then I think that the hoe's are the way to go. If your budget is more like 500-700, then Toytec is the way to go. Some things to consider:

Hoes: more bling
Hoes: rebuildable
Hoes: arguably easier to install (since coilover is already assembled).
Hoes: adjustable

I've got a nearly complete OME setup, and I'm really happy with it so far. The rear AAL is a bit harsh, but a replacement leaf pack is in my future to compliment my Nitrochargers.

SAW's are another option that fits somewhere in between OME and a Donahoe setup.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Budget is not the issue at this point because i can afford it just yet. But i am trying to get my research out of the way and get peoples experiences.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Taco_Man said:
Budget is not the issue at this point because i can afford it just yet. But i am trying to get my research out of the way and get peoples experiences.
Talk to Doug @ Toytec. He can put you in touch with several people that run the CO's. I have had mine on for about a month. I have only cranked them up a very small amount. When I installed them, I had them adjusted all the way down. I got about an inch or so like that. Now with them slightly cranked, I have a little over 2 inches. I have found a huge ON-ROAD improvement, however my OE shocks were toast prior to replacing them.

I have yet to take my truck wheeling with them. I will be more than happy to let you know in the spring when all this snow is gone....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:bump: :driving:

·
Registered
291 Posts
MyTacoma said:
Get the Hoes. Everybody has 'em. ...
:shiner:
Great logic....

You need to be clear what you want to do with your vehicle. Leave it stock until you are sure you know what you want... Keep your eyes open for nearly new stuff in the classifieds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
14 Participants
planohog
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing