TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on this lift? Anyone using it? How's the travel up front? Looking at the 600# springs for a 2004 Double cab.

It sounds great with the Bilstein front threaded shocks, Eibach springs and Bilstein rear shocks? Would upgrade from the add a leaf to Deavers.

What about the front shocks not being rebuildable? Thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great lift for the price and a great company! :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
My guess would be that unless one adds a bumper, 600lb rated springs on a Double Cab will limit up travel by an 1" or so.

The 05 springs are rated right around 600lbs. I have stock 05 TRD Double Cab coils on my 04 Double Cab and I lost about 3/4" of up travel ie I can't get the bump stops to touch at full static up travel. Thats with 75lbs of skids on the front and 95lbs of winch. The on road handling will improve, ie it won't wallow through the corners.

Wally

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Icons are fine if you get lucky and find a good deal, for people on a budget and don't want to get their shocks rebuilt all the time, these are the ticket.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Here is what I had to say to the last guy that asked about ToyTec and spacer lifts:
The "cool guy" thing to do around this forum is to have Icon (Donahoe) coilovers, and Deaver springs or SAS. Anything else is unthinkable and unacceptable... :rolleyes:

When I 1st started building up my rig I flat out could not afford coilovers. I went with a ToyTec 3" Pro Deluxe 1000 lift kit. I ran that spacer lift for about 2 1/2 years before I could finally afford Donahoe (Icon) coilovers.

The ToyTec spacer lift was more stiff than stock, but it's not near as bad as people on this forum make it out to be. The spacer lift limits your down-travel, but if you're not going to be doing much hard core Off-Roading then that won't be an issue and you'll probably never notice. I was wheeling my truck pretty hard with the spacers and NEVER had parts wear out or break because of my lift. That's BS.

In my honest opinion, and in my experience with my truck, a spacer lift is a fine solution for people who are on a tight budget, people who are just starting out, people who only do moderate or seldom wheeling, or people who primarily want to lift for looks.

All the times I wheeled with a spacer lift - the lift was never the deciding factor on where my truck would go and where it wouldn't.

If you're going to go with a spacer I would HIGHLY recommend www.toyteclifts.com - and if you're only doing a 3" lift - you DO NOT need a diff drop.

If you click on "MY RIG" down in my signature - EVERYTHING prior to Chapter 7 is with my 3" ToyTec Spacer Lift.
The thread that the above quote come from is actually a good read all the way through:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106867

·
Registered
759 Posts
Here is what I had to say to the last guy that asked about ToyTec and spacer lifts:

The thread that the above quote come from is actually a good read all the way through:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106867
He's not talking about a spacer lift. The Ultimate kit uses Bilstein shocks, Eibach coils and a threaded adjuster that allows the user to vary the height.

Don't do a spacer lift!

OP, I know a bunch of people that are running the Ultimate 4runner lift, same COs. Most are running 600#ers. One guy has 550# and while rock crawling he feels that they are a little too stiff. He has an Armorology bumper and winch. He also wouldn't want anything softer on the road. 600#s are the usual coils unless you want something different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts