TTORA Forum banner

301 - 320 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Our original plans were to run BAP but with Jason's situation being what it is now we're not going to make it. Fine with me, I can go shopping at the swap meet that weekend now instead! LOL At this point I'm not exactly sure when our next race will be with the truck.

·
Registered
408 Posts
LOL, tell Jason to blow off his impending move and get his butt out here!!! I could easily have the truck ready to go if we made the decision today!

(don't hold your breath! Not to mention, BAP and RAR type races don't appeal to me personally. I'd rather put the effort towards a real desert race that goes some distance.)

Oh and motor is set back in place. Hoping to have it go vroom and maybe have the front end completely 100% prepped and buttoned up by end of tomorrow night.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
I really wish we could swing BAP but its just not in the cards. Ive got two weeks in DC before I leave to Ohio for a month of training. When I get back I have about a week to finalize everything and get my wife, our pets, and all of our shit moved across the ocean. Then when we get off the plane we have to figure out where we are going to live, what we are going to drive, etc.

Kind of ironic that the same job that has provided us the money to be able to build the truck is keeping me from being able to use it. Bastards!

·
Registered
408 Posts
LOL, so do you guys like walk out of the air port, catch a cab and tell them to take you to... Uhhhh, just drive, we'll tell you when to stop. Is that kinda how it's gonna go down?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
LOL, so do you guys like walk out of the air port, catch a cab and tell them to take you to... Uhhhh, just drive, we'll tell you when to stop. Is that kinda how it's gonna go down?
Most likely scenario is that we'll have some temporary accomodations, hotel or whatever. Problem with that is there is a good chance that they wont accept pets which would be a problem because we dont want to take the dogs off of an 8hr flight and put them straight in a kennel. But we may not have a choice.

There is a small outside chance that we could find a place we are agreeable to and sign a lease before we even get there. A little scary to settle on a place unseen but we could have someone there look at it and verify for us. That would be best case scenario.

If we stay in temporary lodging, we'd immediately start house hunting the next day and try to get a place and move in as quickly as possible. We probably wont get our household goods shipped to us until some time after we get there so we'll have to live on floors like squaters for a while. The whole process is a real pain.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Not to mention, BAP and RAR type races don't appeal to me personally. I'd rather put the effort towards a real desert race that goes some distance.
Yep im not up for short course races either especially wen it takes me a minimum 5hour drive to get to any race. If it takes that long to get there, i better be racing in the truck for more then a couple hours.

BUT i will be at bap this year because the dodge i finished up a couple months ago is heading out to race....so i should go and support it haha. I was wondering if you were gonna be around primm and if i could check it out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I personally will be out there friday afternoon/evening just for a bit as I need to talk to Serena from SDHQ and I want to check out the steering on a friends truck for mental notes of a project I have coming up on one of my vehicles. I actually would love to see that dodge in person, it looks like art work in the photos!

The truck is at my house though about 45-60 minutes from primm. I'm planning to head out of town early afternoon on Sat to head out to the swap meet and back mid day on Sunday. You're more then welcome to cruise by the house sat morning or sunday afternoon if you had time and ambition to drive into Vegas. The truck isn't nearly at your level of fab though! LOL I wish I had your skills...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Looks 100x better
Khris always comes through, even when it's against his will! The "old" set up was actually perfectly fine and in terms of lay out was very functional with the jack, shovel, etc.

BUT, I personally didnt like how high the tires sat and felt like it was hard to see over them. Granted I wasn't looking out the back that much on race day, but still I liked the idea of dropping the tires to add a little extra visibility. My wife is a little shorter than Khris and I so with her in right seat it was a challenge for her to see out the rear mirror.

Unfortunatley pulling the tires together and dropping them let to a re do of the whole rear end set up and necessitated some changes that make things a little less functional now.

But in the end I have to admit I like the look of the tires sitting the way they do. Khris didn't like it, but he did a great job anyway!

301 - 320 of 353 Posts
About this Discussion
352 Replies
37 Participants
sirhk100
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing