TTORA Forum banner

341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
nice video, I'll see you guys at the race. not sure if i'm pitting for Letner's or T.J. yet but I'll stop by your guys pit.
Definitely! We're going to use Baja Pits for A/B but our set up in Main shouldn't be too hard to find. Hope to catch you out there!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Some of that desert dust looks as hard to see threw as Hawaii rain.

I like this truck.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #348

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
You guys are passing a lot of people on the course:D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice footage! I don't follow desert raging anymore but man it seems like you run a bit more ground clearance than most, do you? Doesn't really matter, looks like the truck handles pretty fantastic. Nice job.

·
Registered
408 Posts
We do sit tall compared to current desert truck trends but those are literally just trends of mostly trucks that play in the desert and don't race. The thing is, we race on courses now where the trophy trucks are running up to 42" tires. Those leave DEEP grooves/tire ruts. For a small truck like ours to get thru, we need as much clearance as we can. Granted, the diff is still going to only have so much clearance but still, I'd rather drag only the diff and not the crossmembers as well. Also, I personally like a truck with a lot of up travel. Our class rules involve frame rails and there's only so much you can do to gain up travel that doesn't involve sitting tall. So yeah, I guess we sit kind of tall but then again, most leaf sprung true race trucks do for those same reasons. If you want to just look cool, sit it low and wide. Chance are though our tall sitting truck will out perform that cool looking truck. LOL

341 - 353 of 353 Posts
About this Discussion
352 Replies
37 Participants
sirhk100
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing