TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
18,271 Posts
Super Doody said:
What do you guys think? I believe it was a collabo between Budbuilt and URD.

http://www.budbuilt.com/new/traction_bars.html
Thats probably one of the best designs I've seen yet. A completely bolt-on application is very tough to make properly. I'd love to get my hands on one, but I don't have that kind of money to spend.

·
Administrator
18,271 Posts
ShawnTRD said:
I don't see why you would need them for offroading. If your drag racing maybe.
We aren't talking off-road specifically. Just general use. The stock Toyota rear springs are really soft, and coupled with the spring-over design, makes them very prone to axle wrap. This would be a good investment towards prolonging the life of the stock springs.

·
Registered
925 Posts
ShawnTRD said:
hey, are you in ithaca for school?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
im saving up for one now. so sick of replacing driveshafts its not even funny

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
txtaco1 said:
I haven't seen the URD's but, saw a long thread about the Budbuilt ones yesterday and they look Suh-weeet!

J

Where did you see the thread? Here or on another board?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
ShawnTRD said:

to keep you from breaking all kinds of expensive shit like your pinion. have someone dump the clutch or power brake the truck and watch your pinion, more than likely it will shoot straight up. now put softer springs back there and bigger tires..........................

·
Registered
5,124 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
ptrautne said:
So because they look similar you think they worked together?
did you even read the thread i linked to?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is the installation on this thing that easy? you just remove the needed bolts from your rear end and replace them with the longer ones, then just bolt it to the front... I'm obviously a newer wrench turner and this would be sweet to be able to throw on... I hate axle wrap.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
drabnor said:
did you even read the thread i linked to?
I did read the thread (few weeks ago) and talked to Gadget (few weeks ago) but I see the thread now which was posted yesterday which talked about them working together.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts