TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this in the 05 Tacoma...... I was headed down the 210 freeway in Maryland about to hit the 295 to Washington DC, temp was about 36 degrees, I have a Silverado ahead of me and they were undecided on wheather to turn or not, so I hit the gas to go around them and I hear the engine race and the rear end start to kick to the left (65 mph) and all of a sudden the traction control kicked in, I let off the gas and turned into the slide, I caught pavement and slid the other way and finally kicked back center. I then cleaned my drawers and slapped the Tacoma on her dash board and said "thats my tacoma" and continued to drive.......that spot of water in the road I saw was a huge sheet of black ice, thank god she stayed on all fours.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
No, I don't think it was Sunday morning.

Where are you from? We don't call 210 a freeway like they do in Cali. It is Route 210 or Indian Head Hwy....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gadget, been here 1 1/2 yrs after 16 in San Diego, the people out here drive like it is a freeway, you are right RTE 210 Indian Head Hwy. I would like to know the difference between a Freeway and a Highway?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Firephil said:
Gadget, been here 1 1/2 yrs after 16 in San Diego, the people out here drive like it is a freeway, you are right RTE 210 Indian Head Hwy. I would like to know the difference between a Freeway and a Highway?
In my mind, freeway= Multi-lane high speed roads used to navigate around town. There are no stop signs or red lights at all on the freeway. Normally patrolled by city police.

Highway= Multi-lane high speed road used to go from one city or town to another. May include stop signs and/or red lights. Normally patrolled by county and state police.

This might not be an accurate definition, but that's how I look at it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are correct and thank you!!!! TRACTION CONTROL LIVES!!!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Freeway/highway = same thing. Both are patrolled by state police/highway patrol. Rural route = no stop signs, or lights. I have lived on both coasts and in the middle, it's all the same, just different names. Same issue regarding toll roads, state highway with THEIVES at each end. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts