TTORA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just what to see what you guys think on Trail-Gear 4.70 gears on single t case.my truck set up is sas,5.29 R&P,37" tires,V6 engine 5 speed will this work for now dont have bubget for dual t case this for $350.00 dollar give the good and bad info pls.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hi just what to see what you guys think on Trail-Gear 4.70 gears on single t case.my truck set up is sas,5.29 R&P,37" tires,V6 engine 5 speed will this work for now dont have bubget for dual t case this for $350.00 dollar give the good and bad info pls.
trailgear is a crappy company with bastard people working for it, and have a marginal at best product....

www.marlincrawler.com has the best gears and are proven stronger than anyone else for the 4.7 tcase gearset

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yaa just started reading on trail gear and how there are on this forum will get my gear at marlin thanks. but will work

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
trail gear used to be a sponsor on this site, but they have since had their sponorship revoked and ties severed. they are still allowed as members on this site, but are no longer allowed to sell their products or promote their products through here because of some of their questionalbe business practices

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
trailgear is a crappy company with bastard people working for it, and have a marginal at best product....

www.marlincrawler.com has the best gears and are proven stronger than anyone else for the 4.7 tcase gearset

I think you have some Marlin on your nose. Do you at least have Marlin Crawler brand knee pads?

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Trail Gear sells a decent product and warrantees it just like any other vendor. I've placed many orders with Trail Gear, and never had a problem that would lose my business. You can't go wrong with Marlin, Trail Gear or All Pro.

Yes their sponsorship here was severed if that impacts your decision.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Im putting in my vote for Marlin Crawler. Im on my second set of knee pads. They're great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put the Marlin 4.7 gear in and I love it! They have a great tech guide that made it easy to install and almost a no brainer.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I love my 4.7s and way cheaper than marlin. i got shitty business with marlin, and never had trouble with any trailgear product, except their knuckle gussets are not a perfect fit on my 85 axle. Plus i go to trail gear to piss everyone here and on pirate off:D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
trail gear sells their version of gears..... thats fine, they cant hold a candle to marlins total spline 4.7 gears

call me a marlin ass kisser if you want, marlin is an awesome guy and gave me some parts that i needed and didnt have for my build -- yup GAVE just to get me on the road again...

from all the bs with geiger stealing marlins knuckle design, well, that just goes to show the type of character a person has..... when has marlin stolen someone elses design?

·
Registered
472 Posts
from all the bs with geiger stealing marlins knuckle design, well, that just goes to show the type of character a person has..... when has marlin stolen someone elses design?
Where in this thread was any of this discussed or for that matter called for? I believe the initial question was for an opinion/recommendation as has already been given. If you dont agree with someone elses opinion dont start going off topic trying to prove a worthless point. Its that type of crap that ruins legit information that can be searched for and used by someone else.....
Recently I've noticed that half the time when you search for info on here all you find is a fuckin thread where everyone goes into a shitfest debate on who is better....if we stress using the search button so much how can we expect anyone to make an actual decision that gives them peace of mind when all that shows up is controversy.?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Where in this thread was any of this discussed or for that matter called for? I believe the initial question was for an opinion/recommendation as has already been given. If you dont agree with someone elses opinion dont start going off topic trying to prove a worthless point. Its that type of crap that ruins legit information that can be searched for and used by someone else.....
Recently I've noticed that half the time when you search for info on here all you find is a fuckin thread where everyone goes into a shitfest debate on who is better....if we stress using the search button so much how can we expect anyone to make an actual decision that gives them peace of mind when all that shows up is controversy.?

thats my point exactly, i stated marlin ts is a far superior product to any on the market and was told i was an asskisser... whatever.... if anyone can prove marlins product is inferior i dare you to try

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
when has marlin stolen someone elses design?
So Marlin came up with his SAS kits out of the blue, and its only a coincidence they were similar to All Pro's Kit.

It's a competitive market. Best wishes and dreams don't buy squat.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Exactly and unless there was a patent, there was nothing illegal done and they were copying a good idea. So get over it.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
AFAIK he worked for Marlin and All Pro and when he quit those jobs he walked out with a disc full of CAD's. Nothing wrong with copying or improving someone else's idea, but the way he walked out with the plans is just ethically wrong IMO.

·
Registered
166 Posts
back to the original question....you said you have a V6. I'm assuming it's the 3.0. If that's the case and you have the stock transfer case, you have a chain driven transfer case, so you can't regear it.

Marlin sells a V6 to gear driven tcase adapter that would allow you to run a gear driven tcase with lower gears.... you would need the adapter, the lower gears, and a tcase to put the gears in.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
the mc10-r10 is now avaialble

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey guys can we go back to the question installing 4.70 gears and not have dual t.c. is ok or not for minor off roading/crawling.just dont want to crawl to slow if i dont need to.my t case is gear driven i have a 92 truck 3.0 engine

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.