TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is with these guys? Talk about a sure way to get the trails shut down and to give the rest of bad reps.

Just watch the video and you'll see for your self. I will not buy anything else from Trail Gear.

http://www.trail-gear.com/videos/tgtv23.wmv

·
Registered
509 Posts
Remind me to take my bunker gear and helmet if we're ever around those guys out west... WHY would you put that on video and attach a company name to it?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I dont care what they do with fireworks as long as they dont hurt anyone outside their group, But WTF is up with lighting the trail on fire?!? I know they were haveing a great time but come on! Dont be a stupid fuck and then post it to the public attached to your good company name!!! :mad: And you wonder why all our trails are being shut down...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
yeah the fire on the trail was probably that part that brings the negative views to offroading, at least in that video

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
My only thing with the fire is that no one but who was there really knows who set it...plus there were more than just the TG rig driving through it...i wounder if any of them are venders??....But TG is in the wrong for posting it even if they didnt set it...and for the fireworks...They looked to be having a good time..They didnt seem to be hurting anyone eles +.They didnt put green crap all over peoples rigs :rolleyes: or the lighter in the fire or beer bottle...so on an so on....we all have done stupid stuff.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
or a beer bottle

Where have you been? Haven't seen you around in months.

I still think that running around shooting fire works at each other, around tents, RVs, 4wds, and I'm sure there was some extra gas some where is 10 times worst then a couple of drunks sitting in front of the camp fire and one of them throughs a lighter in the fire.

The guys at Trail Gear have proved that they are bunch of dumb asses and don't give us fellow offroaders a good name.

When was the last time you seen someone here set the trail on fire and drive across flames?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My only thing with the fire is that no one but who was there really knows who set it...plus there were more than just the TG rig driving through it...i wounder if any of them are venders??....But TG is in the wrong for posting it even if they didnt set it...and for the fireworks...They looked to be having a good time..They didnt seem to be hurting anyone eles +.They didnt put green crap all over peoples rigs :rolleyes: or the lighter in the fire or beer bottle...so on an so on....we all have done stupid stuff.
The fire works were a really bad idea cause what you aren't seeing is whats in the behind RV's they were shooting them over, which I'm sure was tents and other people who had no part in it, other the fact that they just hit with a green or red fire ball. Like I said it isn't the same as lighter or the green paint.

Picture this, We're sitting in camp drinking beer with our wives/girlfriend/kids sleeping in their tents. Then from the camp site next to us a roaming candle war starts with green, red, blue, and what ever color FIRE balls are shooting all over the camp ground. Then dumb ass #1 runs right between their camp and out camp which causes dumb ass #2 to shot his roming candle dumb ass #1. Then dumb ass #2 misses dumb ass #1 and sends a green, red, and blue at my or your tent that has my/your family sleeping inside. What do you think is going to happen to a tent when it gets hit by a roaming candle? I'm sure it's not going to just bounch off. Get the picture? They didn't care what was behind them or where the roaming candle's fire balls were going. It would have been really funny if someone would have beat the shit out of them.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Could have been a majo rock fire! :rofl: Ok that was dumb... :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
They cleaned up a trail... They lit a few fires on rocks and in the desert... They shot fireworks in a desert...

Call me a liberal if you want to, but I just don't see a problem with this vid other than it was boring and they mis spelled "cleened"...

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They cleaned up a trail... They lit a few fires on rocks and in the desert... They shot fireworks in a desert...

Call me a liberal if you want to, but I just don't see a problem with this vid other than it was boring and they mis spelled "cleened"...

The problem with this vid in my opinion was them endangering the other's around them. The fire on the trail didn't bother me but I know how tree hugging hippies will respond. You hear of trails getting shut day all the time and I would hate to see somewhere as fun as the HAMMERS get shut down over something a group of dumb asses did.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

Its not about what you personally think, its about NOT giving the tree hugging hippies ANY more ammo and reasons to cry foul on our sport. No matter who you are you need to be as responsible on the trail as you would be if the pres of whatever tree hugging hippies club was watching your every move waiting for a reason to shut us down! Thats what the fuss is about...:2cents:

·
Registered
236 Posts
i say let em fuss, tbh the ones they should be mad at are the ones that are turning the trails into subdivisions, not the people who are cleaning up the trail, granted setting the woods on fire isnt cool but when one of the videos i post or anybody else posts gets a trail shut down, look beyond the video for the real reason. i fully understand what you mean about these videos but i dont think they are the reason the trails are being closed its more a matter of what some rich guy thinks and who is paying him the most money to see it their way. ive caught alot of flack for posting videos but untill someone proves to me that my video was the reason a trail gets shut down then i will continue to post them. i know what you mean about it "fueling the fire" but again if the trails were shut down they were probabally already going to be, video or not. if im out with a group representing more than just myself i will always tread lightly and expect others to do the same , its just common sense. if im on private property i will practice my right to do whatever i darn well please and expect others to do the same also. we too must fight back!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
i say let em fuss, tbh the ones they should be mad at are the ones that are turning the trails into subdivisions, not the people who are cleaning up the trail, granted setting the woods on fire isnt cool but when one of the videos i post or anybody else posts gets a trail shut down, look beyond the video for the real reason. i fully understand what you mean about these videos but i dont think they are the reason the trails are being closed its more a matter of what some rich guy thinks and who is paying him the most money to see it their way. ive caught alot of flack for posting videos but untill someone proves to me that my video was the reason a trail gets shut down then i will continue to post them. i know what you mean about it "fueling the fire" but again if the trails were shut down they were probabally already going to be, video or not. if im out with a group representing more than just myself i will always tread lightly and expect others to do the same , its just common sense. if im on private property i will practice my right to do whatever i darn well please and expect others to do the same also. we too must fight back!
Your kind of borderline retarded aren't you? You totally contradicted yourself left and right in that statement. If you know it adds fuel to the fire and you still do it then YOU are the problem! And besides, trails don't get shut down because somebody wants to build something. They get shutdown because people do stupid shit, video tape it, and post it up for the govt. tree hugging hippies to use as evidence of why that trail should be shut down. Trail closures are environmentally fueled. Not developmentally fueled. So go ahead, keep posting your videos and see what eventually will happen to your trails. And by the way, "tread lightly" applies to ANY land! Not just public.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts