1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I am down for helping out as long as it is in August. I don't get back into Colorado thill then. I will be in Ouray on the 8th then go through salida/BV around the 10th. I was wanting to go do Antero before school starts though.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shoot them an email to sign up. They are not posting a work schedule until they have a list of volunteers.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Kinda hard to volunteer when one doesn't know the dates they are volunteering for :D

Still a worthy cause and it would be cool to have a big cottora showing. I will sign up.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kinda hard to colunteer when one doesn;t know the dates they are volunteering for :D

Still a worthy cause and it would be cool to have a big cottora showing. I will sign up.
I agree, but then it is also hard to plan something not knowing how many, if any, volunteers there may be.

And, yes, my thinking on a CoTTORA presence is that when it comes time for next years MVUM review our opinions may carry a little more weight if we've shown we are willing to help maintain the trails we use.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I agree, but then it is also hard to plan something not knowing how many, if any, volunteers there may be.
Yeah, always a catch 22 with that. Wish I'd known about the workshops they gave earlier in the year - I'd have definitely been up for that. I'll see about signing up for this, but without even a rough idea of dates it's hard to make that kind of commitment.

So many clubs/boards out there!

·
7,735 Posts
And, yes, my thinking on a CoTTORA presence is that when it comes time for next years MVUM review our opinions may carry a little more weight if we've shown we are willing to help maintain the trails we use.
What's MVUM?

And should this be moved over to the Trails section instead of General? it might be easier to find in the future.

email sent as well!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kinda long way to drive and stand around holding a shovel from flying away ... IMHO need the work schedule and how many are needed before signing up.
Yes, agreed. I sent an email asking if they could provide us with more details and a firm time. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I went ahead and put my name in and gave them the link to this thread so they could see our discussion and keep track of CoTTORA volunteers.

·
20,355 Posts
Yes, i got an email stating that i would be kept up to date and asking what dates worked best for me.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Tripple ditto.

Here is what he replied with:

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Dudley & Judy Fecht <[email protected]> wrote:

Molly,
We ( High Rocky Riders OHV Club ) appreciate all your help. The Forest Service will build the Kiosks ( 3 ) in the next 2 weeks, and we hope to get a date from the F.S. in the next week. Dudley

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Tripple Ditto.

Here is what he wrote:

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Dudley wrote:

Molly,
We ( High Rocky Riders OHV Club ) appreciate all your help. The Forest Service will build the Kiosks ( 3 ) in the next 2 weeks, and we hope to get a date from the F.S. in the next week. Dudley

1 - 18 of 18 Posts