TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good trailer hitch/receiver to use for my truck, and how much rear end clearance will I lose or is there a hitch/receiver that mounts behind my plate?

~Goldie

·
Registered
369 Posts
You will loose exit clearence no matter what, unless you get a bumper with a built in 2" reciever.
In reality I have found you have to see the thing mounted before making judgment... I am still looking under every taco I can to see a good hitch to buy. What pises me of is that my truck (got it used) has the tow package etc. but either the prev. owner or the dealership removed the hitch.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Reese does pretty much all toyota tow hitches

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
what is a good trailer hitch/receiver to use for my truck, and how much rear end clearance will I lose or is there a hitch/receiver that mounts behind my plate?

~Goldie
If you still have the stock bumper, you can flip the Toyota (Reese) hitches for higher departure angle. You'll have to relocate your liscence plate and cut a hole for the reciever. I've seen this done before. Don't pay too much for a reciever hitch. I have one in good shape that I'll sell ya for $30 plus shipped. Recovery shackle for $20 more. :2cents:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you still have the stock bumper, you can flip the Toyota (Reese) hitches for higher departure angle. You'll have to relocate your liscence plate and cut a hole for the reciever. I've seen this done before. Don't pay too much for a reciever hitch. I have one in good shape that I'll sell ya for $30 plus shipped. Recovery shackle for $20 more. :2cents:
if you can get me and estmated total for both plus the shipping i may be interested.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
if you can get me and estmated total for both plus the shipping i may be interested.
No problem. It may be monday (the 9th) if that's ok. Here's a pic of the one I'm talking about. You can use your l/plate in this location until you need to use the hitch. Viewing the pic, you would just flip it to make it close profile. All harware is there.

You have a PM.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Why not grab one of Marlins rear bumpers. kick panel protection, 2" reciever, 2 D-shackle mounts and great load/tow weight. On sale right now for $249 HREW or 349 for DOM.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Why not grab one of Marlins rear bumpers. kick panel protection, 2" reciever, 2 D-shackle mounts and great load/tow weight. On sale right now for $249 HREW or 349 for DOM.
That sounds like a great option to me!

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
sorry guys i'm stuck on stupid. I was thinking pickup not tacoma. my bad. I hope no one got their hopes up...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i may get that once this truck goes full off road:D ..for now I picked up a 87-95 reese towpower hitch for $100. new and in the box with a 2" drop bar and ball. the next question is where can I find the wire harness for trailer lights? is that a dealer thing or is there a cheaper kit out there?:confused:

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
No problem. It may be monday (the 9th) if that's ok. Here's a pic of the one I'm talking about. You can use your l/plate in this location until you need to use the hitch. Viewing the pic, you would just flip it to make it close profile. All harware is there.

You have a PM.
Would you like to part with the recovery shackle? What's included?

Shipped to Cali?

-Philly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts